Vehcile Replacement Feature

Home Forums General Discussion Vehcile Replacement Feature

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    gax
    Participant

Why don´t you hire someone to do it for you? Or even better, to play the game for you, so you can sit back, relax and just watch? 😉

Florius
    Participant

+1 for replacement feature!

Faxe
    Participant

Yeah I like Cowamundos nice simple button approach together with Agarwels instaneous replacement! 🙂

Please stop torturing me by having to send all cars every 15 or so years to the depot waiting until one by one arrives to perform the same click commands I did at constructing the line another time – while the whole production line has broken down because all vehicles needed a year simulation time to arrive at the depot and drive out again to the station. This is absolutely not realistic and gives me wound fingers – I would like to spend that time in optimizing my lines!

I started three times a new game and stoppd playing when the replacement hassle set in – until this isnt fixed the game is for me unfortunately unplayable.

So please give us a send to depot and replace by x vehicle when arrived-feature or for me an instantaneous replacement feature (or replace when at the next station).

Azrael
    Participant

If you want locomotives being beamed onto the track like in Star Trek, pls go away and play SMR.
    I support an autoreplaceorder feature, but they should imho still be required to go to the depot, in RL locomotives don’t just disappear, they also shouldn’t be able to do so in this game.

gax
    Participant

@Faxe: What you say is simply not true, as i have already explained in this thread. Read before you post.

TylerE
    Participant

Azrael, if you want to be a toxic member of this community, the LoL forums are that way ->.Seriously, it’s not constructive and doesn’t help anyone.

Yemo
    Participant

+ 1 for user friendly, simple autoreplace

The old locomotive should simply be replaced by a new one on the spot.

All the mechanics/limitations (no intersections, time, Depot run screws delivery and timing, repercussions for connected lines, …) and their interdependencies do not leave much choice for a balanced game.

And steam locomotives that stop for 250 people villages (if passengers do not just beam home after 20min), can turn by fading out and in again, as well as run without water, coal and sand infrastructure, without any brakedowns, might as well get replaced on the move…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Yemo.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Yemo.
    mackintosh
    Participant

+1 vote for autoreplace, I don’t care if it’s beamed in or not, as long as it’s there. My personal favourite preference would be instant replace for road vehicles and replace on arrival at next stop for trains.

Azrael
    Participant

@TylerE

I’m not toxic, I just try to prevent TF from becoming a game for kids like Sid Meiers Railroads with reasonable arguments.
    Imho, Locomotives, that can magically appear and disappear on the trucks are a step towards SMR, what I strongly dislike.

douglas
    Participant

I agree with Mackintosh. It doesnt matter if its unrealistic. The realistic way is already implemented. Who wants to use it use it. The option to place the train or remove (like Locomotion) or simply replace to a new one (like RRT2) is another option for those who want to use.

Could be just replace to new one. Simple as that, nothing will be changed in the game, just a UI button and a code to reset vehicle life and withdraw the money.

I like realistic and I like the challenge to need to make the train go all the way to the depot etc. But not always. Sometimes I just want to worry about other things and with a fleet of over 100 vehicles, its just not possible to be so picky.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by douglas.
    Faxe
    Participant

@Azrael, I understand what you mean. I dont want a kiddie game neither. I want a strategic transport simulation but not the “Train Servicing Simulator”.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Faxe.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Faxe.
    TylerE
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind even having to send to depot but it’s like a triple whammy… you have to pay to replace, you miss out on a load of $$, AND you lose whatever cargo/passengers are on the train when it goes to depot.

Azrael
    Participant

Imho they can add such a locomotive beaming option into a new “Very Easy” Difficulty ranking or as on and off turnable option, but not as a permanent feature for everyone.

RickD
    Participant

IMO vehicles should have to visit the depot to be replaced, however they should do it on their next pass and then continue on their journey without losing cargo. That is unless you replace the cars as well as the locos. What I find myself doing right now is sending my old train to the depot (sell on arrival), then building a new train instantly and assigning to the line. This obvs doesn’t work if you have one depot services multiple lines as the signals usually cause jams, most of my lines are double track though so I don’t have that issue

TylerE
    Participant

@Azrael: In several threads I’ve seen you essentially say: “That’s stupid, and *you’re stupid* for thinking/wanting it”. That’s the definition of toxic.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.