W32/NGVCK.d virus detection on McAffee

Home Forums Support W32/NGVCK.d virus detection on McAffee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dj_jay_smith
    Participant

Hi,

Having installed Train Fever via steam the McAfee is detecting it as a virus and removing it, hence I cannot play the game!

It is being detected as “W32/NGVCK.d” in TrainFever.exe

Please can you resolve the issue.

DJ

Tossi
    Participant

Turn off your antivirus when installing and running the game.

How come it isn’t obvious?

dj_jay_smith
    Participant

Yes, but then when I turn it back on then it discovers the virus and removes the file.

So I have to repair the installation every time I run the game.  This is not an acceptable solution for a commercial product.  And I have never known this problem with any other game, so the issue needs to be resolved.  And I should not have to leave my system open to viruses during the period when the game is running.

Tossi
    Participant

I would say that this is a problem with antivirus and not train fever. Aren’t there options in antivirus to leave the game alone? There should be.

Trailvan86
    Participant

I too do not like leaving my computer unprotected when I play. Then having to do the whole “verify integrity of the game cache” over and over because as soon as I stop playing and re-activate McAffee, a file gets detected as virus and quarantined. This is absolute madness!

Tegry
    Participant
    gizu
    Participant

I’ve just remove the game and have to install it once more. Befor I change my anty-virus. In McAfee you cant prevent quarantine a file i think

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.