Waypoints

Home Forums General Discussion Waypoints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

I find myself needing to delete a crossing every single time I need a train to go to depot or out of depot.

I have 4 tracks and I connect them. The problem is that 1 line insists on using the same track as another line, even that there is an exclusive track for it. So I need to remove the connection between the tracks. This is very annoying.

A waypoint would solve this problem, because I don’t see how that can be solved with signals.

Azrael
    Participant

Agreed, I just had this situation today.

Klinn
    Participant

It seems the game is designed to always take the shortest path, even if that means trampling on top of another route.

Until we get more sophisticated routing, I’ve ended up always making completely separate lines. They may use parallel tracks at the station, but there’s no crossover(s), they each have their own engine house, etc.

vinkandoi
    Participant

Waypoints would allow more sophisticated routing. Alternatively, manual selection of route could be made, by specifying direction at each junction; Just like Transport Giant

Maj_Solo
    Participant

I agree waypoints. not only that, add everything that is missing so we can build normal looking railroads that can handle the traffic.

I am just experimenting now on easy mode to try figure out everything this game can NOT do , and figure out the little it CAN do. Before I try build my empire on a large map. But I uspect I need 64GB main memory and 1TB swap to complete  a large map.

Either this game have a memory leak or an enormous apetite for memory. When I quit TF after a few hours play it takes 1 minute for my gaming rig to recover the swap space used and drag all other desktop programs in again. Jeezuz.

Emeg
    Participant

Douglas, can you post a picture of the problem having the pathfinding feature (the coloured arrows on you track) turned on?

steveb
    Participant

I agree totally with the need for waypoints OR manual platform selection…

douglas
    Participant

@Emeg: Sure.

1) The way it suppose to be.

2) Showing the tracks. As you can see a train cannot access depot from the last track.

3) I made a connection.

4) Now the lines merge.

5) Leaving one entire track without use.

steveb
    Participant

Well yeah waypoints are needed for that case but you can avoid it thou.

Instead of making the connection there (the one you made for the depot access) i would just branch from the depot over the existing rail and connect it on the other side.

douglas
    Participant

You mean using a tunnel or a bridge? The depot is north in the pictures.

Foche
    Participant

the red line is both way ?

try to put a signal between the 2 connections , as the center line is supposed to be one way only

douglas
    Participant

Oh I tried that. Doesn’t work. The center line is one way only. Look at the latest screenshot. Its still oneway only, its using both tracks of the green line.

I tried to put a one way only signal at the beginning and it makes the red goes goes 1 way in the track that is not being used, but the other way still goes in the track of the green line.

Foche
    Participant

so now you have the red line using the “unused track” in one way , and go to the green line at the end of the line ?

maybe you need to change the configuration down there ?

is this a full 3 track section ? , how is the terminus of the red line ? , is this a 2 platform station or maybe it’s a industrial line ?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Foche.
    Tattoo
    Participant

@douglas, how did you add the images so as a link so they open up like yours do? I tried and couldn’t figure it out. I use Imgur,com.

Thanx

douglas
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.