What I'm not liking so far seen in these videos and other questions

Home Forums General Discussion What I'm not liking so far seen in these videos and other questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NeighborKid
    Participant

Now first off, I understand that we are still in beta.. and perhaps there will be updates after launch or during beta to launch. In any case… There is quit a bit I like from the videos, and there are things I don’t like.

What I see is there are cars going through trains that are going over a road crossing/level crossing.

I also don’t like that there seems to be no sound from a level crossing when a train is approaching. The train also doesn’t sound off when it’s approaching a crossing, and only sounds off when leaving a stations, and it’s the horn/whistle. At least in the US, unless theres a road near the station, a train normally only sounds off with it’s bell, not the horn. What about a train pulling into a station or coming to a red signal, no braking sounds?

Another item I’m not really liking is the 2 different stations. I like the idea, but I was wondering if there could be a more expensive station that could say drop off cargo and passengers alike at 1 station. Say certain tracks for certain loads trains.

Will there be any form of tractor trailers for transporting cargo, and for piggy back cars? Will there be more train car types? I see that there is a basic box car for goods and wood. What about a log train cars? Flatbed’s, auto rack cars?

Any form of expansion after release that would add more freight/goods?

hert
    Participant

Seeing as its a German game it probably goes by German railroad rules. Meaning they dont sound there horn when they enter a crossing. From what I heard cars going through trains at crossing was a bug and they are fixing it. Only crossings I have seen so far when a train has gone over them is just marked with a sign. No actual signal device so I wouldnt expect any sound.

I think other stuff you ask for may come in mod packs or Expansion packs. I think content wise you are wanting more US based stuff, which wont be in the release of the game.

HumberLoop
    Participant

“At least in the US, unless theres a road near the station, a train normally only sounds off with it’s bell, not the horn. What about a train pulling into a station or coming to a red signal, no braking sounds?”
    The Europeans don’t blast their horns every 5 seconds like we do. If you watch some video of the ICE US tour you can hear what happens when an engineer tries to apply US rules with a European horn (spoilers: it sounds like it’s screaming for mercy).

Mansen
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the rail/road crossing complaints are all going to be addressed to your liking – “Cars” are supposed to stop at the crossings, sound is intended to play from the crossing and trains should always sound their whistle at such a time.

As for the stations – I’m with you there. The number of times I’ve accidentally placed down a Passenger station at a factory is starting to grind my teeth a bit. ^^

I’m not sure exactly how many additional industries the devs have planned, but I hope it’s a lot. More car designs wouldn’t hurt either so that goods and lumber don’t share a wagon (as nifty as it is for my trains)

Steve
    Participant

Let’s not forget that there will be modding available from day one, so if something isn’t to your liking, you can either wait for someone to produce a mod or do one yourself. Either way, I’m sure you’ll be able to get all the trains, freight cars, functionality you like. I read in a thread somewhere else on the forum that someone will be creating an American themed content pack for TF so you’re pretty much covered in the US. I’m actually pretty keen to see some of that myself.

Mansen
    Participant

Ooh – I’d love to see themed trains. I hope someone will pick up the classic Danish trains. Sense of nostalgia (Especially if we can import heightmaps at some point and create our own real world maps)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.