What the "Frequency" in train fever means

Home Forums General Discussion What the "Frequency" in train fever means

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mackintosh
    Participant

This is a severe issue with the game in its current state. We don’t have an easily referable metric by which to measure travel time. If you introduce a hard limit, you also have to create idiot-proof tools to reference that limit. How are we supposed to create an efficient transport network if we cannot tell time? Right now it’s pretty much a guessing game.

For example, I have a freight train that delivers oil to a refinery with a 12 minute frequency. I have trucks that deliver goods to a city with a 60s frequency. Yet nothing is produced. Clearly this implies that the 20 minute travel time limit is exceeded in this scenario, but there is no way for me to ascertain the actual travel time in the chain from available data.

twofl
    Participant

@mackintosh

when travel time is calculated the way i think it is, then you should not be above the 20 minute window. “Goods” and “Oil” are treated seperatly and everyone should have its own timeframe.

to solve your problem you should check other things first.

how long is this setup running?

how much is the demand of that city?

does the city get other “Goods” from another place?

peronly, i’ve never used trains for industry duty. i only used trucks. maybe there is a problem when you are useing two diffrend transport typs for one production chain.

Kromi
    Participant

@mackintosh

Often when I encountered such a problem the reason was that the city was already fully supplied with goods by other lines. You can check on the details tab of the city window how many goods items it wants.

mackintosh
    Participant

Over 5 years, the demand in the city was 72, the city was not getting goods from any other source. I’ve since shut down the line and tore down the infrastructure. Maybe it was a bug, maybe it was something else, but the fact remains – there is no easy way to figure out the overall travel time. Frequency is just too generic and ambiguous.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.