Why replace old vehicles?

Home Forums General Discussion Why replace old vehicles?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    fransgelden
    Participant

@crossmr: What are you trying to achieve here? You telling how bad the product is and so forth, but you don’t provide any constructive to this topic. You derailing the topic of the original poster, and don’t go on about how this game derailed. 😐

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by fransgelden.
    crossmr
    Participant

In other words, you have no actual response to that? It’s okay for you to go on about how great the game is, but if anyone wants to go on about how bad it is, then suddenly it’s derailing? Since the OP partook in that part of the discussion hard to say that it’s “derailing”. Why not ask Traininfluenza what his purpose here is? He was the one who took the discussion to the “this is a good game” level. No shock, the fanboy double standard.

What was the point of linking to a steam guide which was 99.9% irrelevant to the ops question, and only contained a single line which addressed it which you could have just as easily typed out yourself? If you’d like to be really strict about keeping on topic here.

simonmd
    Participant

Ok, ok, crossmr does make some valid points. I’m brand new to TF and nearly dumped it after the first couple of games because I didn’t ‘get it’. I’m a veteran of Simcity4, SimCity 2013 and Cities in Motion 2 so was a bit bemused by what was going on as I expected it to perform like those. If you take a step back and give it a chance though, it will, as I have found, prove to be a challenging and engaging ‘simulation’ that is different from the rest and has the potential to grow with the modding community to something very special and entertaining. You have to remember this is a BRAND NEW game/sim that has been produced by a small indi team. Remember MS Train Simulator way back in the early 2000s? There were individuals and commercial developers improving and releasing content that radically improved it YEARS after its initial release. I’m sure this will have a similar level of growth and mature very nicely.

Anyway, back on topic! I have found that some lines are best left alone regarding upgrades. I currently have a 1901 loco still earning its keep on a 2008 line hauling oil and goods. So long as it’s figures are in the green, I see no reason to mess with it as I’m worried that retiring it to the depot for replacement will result in demand dropping off once there is no train on the line, something I’ve seen ruin a profitable line before.

Sure, it would be realistic to have a train eventually break down through old age, but right now, my 107 year old puffer keeps going!

gGeorg
    Participant

’m worried that retiring it to the depot for replacement will result in demand dropping off once there is no train on the line, something I’ve seen ruin a profitable line before.

Yep, that is one of the most painfull issues now. Lets highlight it more.http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/industry-devolve-massive-after-3-seconds-not-served/

keep the vehicle member of the line all the time. The system corrects freq after a while but it is smooth enough system to cover traffic lights jam or depo visit. Vehicle is line-less only brand new, otherwise it has a line. It would be nice to not delete the load too, it hurts a lot. If wagons are added/changed and name of the train (the object) remains the same keep the load. Remove the load only in case the train is deleted completely. Potentialy some money penalty for late arrival could applied.  This would really enhance the game play and prevent loosing frustrated players from “I am loosing money, dont know why.”

What is your thoughts?

crossmr
    Participant

The best “workaround” (which shouldn’t be necessary) is to put a depot at both ends if you don’t have a 2 track freight line. Send the old train to one depot, and buy a new train at the other depot and send it out just before you remove the other one. This ensures that there is always a train on the line. For vehicles, pause the game. Send the vehicles en masse to the depot and then go to the depot and assign the new vehicles and un pause.

simonmd
    Participant

Yes, the above does seem to work, it can be worth even building a short passing loop if it’s a single track line (which it no doubt will be if there is only one train…) and sending the new train into service before retiring the old one. However, this doesn’t help if you only want to replace the engine but keep the waggons so it’s still something the Devs really should address. At least give the player 30-60 secs to re allocate a new train before the system registers that the line has no service.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.