[Wip] Finnish train set

Home Forums Modding [Wip] Finnish train set

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    onionjack
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m here to show my progress with my mod which will concentrate on finnish trains and wagons. The mod will be big, my aim is to do most of the trains and wagons from 1900 to present day. Gonna take time, lots of it. More info what the mod will have, is at my homepage for the mod -> http://www.jmsaari.net/tf-finnmod/

As I have just started unfortunately I don’t have much else to show. Here’s my first tests with passenger coaches anyhoos:

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by onionjack.
    simonmd
    Participant

Looks great, we certainly need more modern day coaches, keep it up!

onionjack
    Participant

I’m close to a first release, had to figure how dooranimations work which took waaay too much time. Still figuring how doorgroup file needs to be set up, one of the coaches has doubledoors for the luggagecompartment. Sofar those doors will remain closed until I figure how I get them to work. 

synchronos
    Participant

Looks great! Very lifelike and realistic. I’m a Finn, too, so I know. 🙂

May I suggest to you next to take under work the Sr2 and Sm5, because there are already models for Re460 and Norwegian FLIRT, so that it would only require redoing the textures (if the modders of those allow it, of course). Hopefully Sr2 with both the pre-2009 (red) as well as post-2009 (green) livery. Or if you’ll have to choose, only the red livery. Of course, the S2 needs Ed-series coaches to run with, with the new control car as well…

synchronos
    Participant

BTW, your list of coaches is missing Edo: http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_%28ohjausvaunu%29

It’s a must if you’re going with Ed coaches. There’s no contemporary Finnish railways without control cars. Just leave the Hr11 and other curiosities to be, but please make the Edo. 🙂

onionjack
    Participant

Whoopsiee, it is missing thanks! I have it on “paper” but forgot to put it on the site.

Locomotives I am gonna do first are Dr12 and Sr1, Making repaints for the trains you mentioned, I will think about it. I don’t think I need permission for that. I can’t redistribute the model itself, only the paintjob.

Hr11 will be tough one and is one of the models that is last on my list. I haven’t found many pictures of it so it will be hard one to do. Anyhoos once blue coaches are done I will start Dr12 or Sr1 next but I will be concidering those paintjobs too. I will do every model from scratch for the mod though, so there won’t be any permission issues 🙂

onionjack
    Participant

First release! Download available at my site 🙂

http://www.jmsaari.net/tf-finnmod/

onionjack
    Participant

I’ve been working with the first locomotive which is Dr12

olahaldor
    Participant

That looks great!

onionjack
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

Forgot to update my progress here too, it’s been slow thanks to work and other things 🙂

I’ve worked with Dr12 diesel train and InterCity coaches

olahaldor
    Participant

Looks sharp! Great job!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.