Wish #1: real maps

Home Forums General Discussion Wish #1: real maps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gcampono
    Participant

Hello,

it has probably been said by other users, but I would really like to have the possibility to have real maps or regions or states. It would be much more interesting to build the network for a real region or country ( like Switzerland πŸ™‚ ) or even just more “logical” maps than to connect random cities. I would really not care about the not 100% realistic scale !!!

Because I understand developers would not be able to develop such maps, that just means to have a map editor where we can set terrain heights, place cities and industries.

Can the developers say if they plan to add an editor and what functionalities in the last patch ?

Greno Zee
    Participant

They already did provide info regarding this topic. Unless things have changed, the coming patch will contain map editor πŸ˜‰

gcampono
    Participant

Thanks for the information. I may have missed it, as I only read that developers “would like to open more possibilities for generating maps […] height maps”. Unfortunately, this does not imply an editor… Did they really mention explicitly an editor ?

To me there are three important things for the maps: landscape (height maps could be ok), city placement (with some parameters such name, population and maybe mix of residential/commercial/industry/leisure areas) and industry placement.

Greno Zee
    Participant

Ok, you got me there. It indeed is not confirmed. But: “If successful, we are confident that modders can then create their own landscape scenarios and thus enable completely new challenges.”

This in my eyes absolutely implies an editor. So if they managed to get it in, it must be an editor, how else would you be able to create modded scenarios?

gcampono
    Participant

Cool, I really hope so πŸ™‚ or, if that was not their plan, that they would squeeze it in because in my view this would be the #1 of realistic possible improvement, along with the “industry falling to 0 in an instant” bug.

admin
    Keymaster

At least we want to enable the use of height maps for generating the landscape. But I cannot promise anything (beyond that). We are still working on a lot of things (including industries ;)).

Best,
    Tom

gcampono
    Participant

Thank you very much for the information. I really hope you will manage to go beyond height maps to at least allow users to place cities and industries. By the way, is it possible toΒ  rename cities once the game starts ?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by gcampono.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.