Wish: Match Terrain Level Tool

Home Forums General Discussion Wish: Match Terrain Level Tool

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Klinn
    Participant

I’d like to see a terrain tool commonly found in other games that lets you easily make an area all the same height, that is, a flat area.

You click on a spot on the ground, then as you move the cursor the terrain under it is raised or lowered to match that original height. Bingo, a nice flat space to plop down your passenger station or whatever without it making sharp cuts into the ground.

Maj_Solo
    Participant

yes , the terrain tools have raise lower or flat terrain but they work so slowly it takes a couple of minutes to alter the terrain.

Your suggestion is good. A more agressive system that instantly just flaten the area you point at to the level the area had when you first pressed the LMB and then you just move the mouse around and everything instantly get the same heigh.

I do not know , how many people are working on this project but I think they are not very bright.

Maj_Solo
    Participant

they did too little research into games already made, and the project leader is not smart he let the NEW product train fewer become inferior to older titles.

leew
    Participant

yep, a flatten terrain tool would be very nice, as a workaround at the moment, if I want a flat area I will build lots of sections of train track next to each other (make sure to click the arrow and set it to level) and then bulldoze the tracks to leave a nice flat area.

Trailvan86
    Participant

I’d like to be able to at least see the terrain tool the game currently has when making modifications to terrain.

pjk
    Participant

+1 about make visible area of effect current bulldozer have

And also 3 more square type brushes, rotatable with n & m will be very helpful for precise landscaping.

gkaytaz
    Participant

Agree…  A flatten terrain tool (preferably with a resizable brush) is a very good idea indeed.

Klinn
    Participant

@leew: Yup, I do the same thing but I often use the wide city street so it modifies a bigger area at a time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.