WISH: trigger (pop-up window) when a line has no income anymore.

Home Forums General Discussion WISH: trigger (pop-up window) when a line has no income anymore.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yeol
    Participant

Dear magician-developers,

would it be possible to add a trigger for lines that do not have had income during one entire year? You know, a window pup-up like the ones when vehicles are turning old. Often one discovers a tried up line many years of heavy losses and no income.

Person012345
    Participant

NO

Many of my lines deliberately make a loss, I don’t want 2 dozen popups every year.

Foche
    Participant

there is already way too much pop up in this game ,i think a $ symbol over the line is a better idea

Yeol
    Participant

I don’t eigther want a pop-up when a line makes a loss. That would be too much, agree. But when a line has NO INCOME at all in one year, I suspect a problem. Then I like a popup. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Person012345
    Participant

Well you did say: “Often one discovers a tried up line many years of heavy losses and no income.”

Cpt.Spaghetti
    Participant

Well, no income is no income ๐Ÿ˜‰ i think he wrote it clearly.

But we need this to enable or disable in options. Sometimes you just build a line for beauty or anything or to test things out. I wouldnt like to have popups all the time.

xynix
    Participant

You kind of have a pop up already. Just bring up the line box in November or so and you can see what’s making and what’s losing. I don’t see a reason to force information on people when the information is a single click away.

Person012345
    Participant

@cpt. spaghetti And “heavy losses” are “heavy losses”, he wrote that quite clearly too, in the OP.

Varana
    Participant

Also, in accordance with the general design philosophy of the game, it would probably open up a pop-up with little information but a detailed view of one of the vehicles, just to slow your computer down and eat up memory. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeol
    Participant

I’m sorry that my choice of words were not very clear, and I understand that many of you do not like yet more game slowing pop-up windows. But my intentions were noble, to help the playerย  (read: me) in localizing potential problems.

When one has 50+ lines operating, and 300+ vehicles running, one does not check every line, every vehicle month after month if it’s running fine. You expect lines continue to operate as you set them up. But once a line does not generate any income during a full year, something is wrong (broken path, industry stopped producing,…). I would like a notice when this happens. The developers have implemented the window pop-up system, so I proposed to use it.

But if you like the have another kind of noticing system in stead of the pop-up window (e.g. a pop-up tekst box, a ticker,…. ), that is fine for me, but that is another discussion.

I hope it’s more clear now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sorry for the confusion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.