Won't start new game (Mac 10.8.5)

Home Forums Support Won't start new game (Mac 10.8.5)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Just purchased this on Steam.  I can get to the main menu, click “new game”, and get to the “welcome” screen, but at that point, nothing is clickable, and the little mouse/cursor wheel just turns indefinitely.  Must “force quit”.

Late 2012, 27″ imac, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX, Mac OS X 10.8.5

I’ve tried running it in windowed mode, tried turning all the graphics settings down.  Makes no difference.

Seamon
    Participant

This happens when the game is not connected to the internet.

Check your internet-connection and you’re problem is solved.

Rob
    Participant

Thank you Seamon, for the quick reply.  I’m not sure what you mean though, as I have internet connectivity.  Even right now I’m able to browse this forum, and type this response, while my windowed game is frozen and unresponsive in the background.  Is this a  Steam setting I need to adjust somehow?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Rob.
    Rob
    Participant

By the way, for the heck of it, I just now tried to launch it in “off-line mode”, but same thing.  I can select start a “new game”, wait for it to generate the new game, then see a landscape, see the welcome menu, but can’t click anything, and must “force quit”.

Seamon
    Participant

Sorry, you describe a problem I’m not used to. Mac I don’t know anyway. It’s probably something with the mousedriver or a resolution problem. But I’m absolutely not sure.

By the way: When a firewall blocks the game, it is possible, that the game has no internet while you’re writing a comment.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello!

May I ask if the problem is solved meanwhile? If not can you send us the content of your crash_dump folder? Here is some information on how to find it (point 11.):
    http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/most-common-issues/

Best,
    Tom

Rob
    Participant

Hi, Tom.    Thanks for asking.  No, the game is still unplayable.

Do you want me to email the crash dump folder? If so, which address should I send to?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Rob!

Yes please! The address is:
    info AT train-fever.com

Best,
    Tom

Rob
    Participant

To anybody who may be having the same issue as me, I ultimately ended up upgrading to Mac OS 10.11.2 (El Capitan) and that solved the problem.

I would like to thank Tom and the rest of the Train-Fever team for working diligently with me via email to try to find a solution over the last few weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.