Yeol plays Train Fever: the videos (with update anno 1960)

Home Forums General Discussion Yeol plays Train Fever: the videos (with update anno 1960)

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yeol.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yeol
    Participant

With my current game play I will try to achieve the metropolis achievement before the year 2000. I started in 1850 with Rochford town and setup the basic infrastructure. I will post a video every 20 years, starting from 1860 to show the evolution of the town, and the vehicles used during that period of time. Hopefully I’ll get the achievement with 1500 inhabitants before the year 2000.

And if I fail? So what, it’s just a game. 😉

Javis
    Participant

Great video, Yeol, well done !

Do you connect cities with buses/trams *and* trains ?… 

You have quite a lot of buses/trams running. At 5.40ish i can count 6 buses and a tram in one shot and quite a crowd still waiting at the stop. I can’t help wondering why do these guys love to take the bus so much to take them to another city, while they know they might have to wait an hour or so.. (glad for them it doesn’t rain in this beautiful virtual world (yet..;-)) Don’t they know there trains going as well ?….. Funny guys, huh….  😉

Congrats with your Glacier Express too ! Fantastic work !

Cheers,

Jan

Yeol
    Participant

I start most games by connecting towns with eachother by stage coach. Typically 20 stage coaches per connection is enough to get a nice income of about 100K – 300K per line. I will build around 10 lines the first decade, so once it’s 1860 I’ll have about 200 stage coaches running arround. And since they tend to buch up within the town centers because all cross roads and stops, it’s a rather bussy center.

Once I have a decent income, I’ll start building train connections between the town. Once a line is set up, and the train is running, I will abandon the stage coach line that is connecting those two towns. The train will have quite fast a decent public, because of the existing demand of traffic by people to go over there. So the train will be profitable within the first year.

The situation you saw is one where I just had installed the first train to another town, but still had 3 other stage coach lines running to 3 other towns. Add to this the internal tram system to get people to the railway station, and you have what you saw: dozens of people waiting for a stage coach or tram.

Javis, thank you for your feedback. 😉

OzWally
    Participant

Nice Video!

Yeol
    Participant

Yeol
    Participant

Yeol
    Participant

I’m still updating the playlist with new content. The initial 1500 inhabitants challenge  (vanilla version) about Rochford, with a video-report every 20 years, is still ongoing. I started also a modded Train-Fever series all about atmosphere and scenery, depicting Bywaterdales during the ages, following a specific train every video report. Please enjoy the series and leave a comment if you feel so.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.