Reply To: Losing interest in this game

Home Forums General Discussion Losing interest in this game Reply To: Losing interest in this game

RAAndre
Participant

I got back into TrainFever during last week’s (US) Thanksgiving break after seeing this You Tube series:

If you watch the first video, there is a bunch of wood and goods going down the road and the poster just fills in the gaps with successful cargo trains.  Inspired, I once again tried to build a successful cargo system.

However, when I generate my worlds there is no such heavy demand of cargo walking down the roads.  Most industries are producing “0” of maybe “2” items and they never seem to grow.  Freight trains never make money.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I don’t get it.

In a related note, now some industries need three items to make something (i.e., household goods).  That can be a bit of a challenge especially for novices.  I think a good option would be for a “difficulty setting” based on supply lines.  For instance, the easiest setting requires one item to be supplied for each industry to produce one product.  More difficult scenarios require raw materials to go to an industry to be made into products that are then sent to another industry to be made into something else (e.g., logs/wood -> planks -> factory -> goods)

Something like:

2) More difficult (two supply lines):

Crude Oil (oil wells) -> Oil Barrels (refinery) -> Plastic (chemical plant) -> factory

PLUS

Logs (forest) -> Planks (sawmill) -> factory

The above two items needed to make goods.

3) Even more difficult (three supply lines):
Crude Oil (oil wells) -> Oil Barrels (refinery) -> Plastic (chemical plant) -> auto factory

PLUS

Logs (forest) -> Planks (sawmill) -> auto factory

PLUS

Iron Ore (mine) + Coal (mine) -> Steel (Steel Mill) -> auto factory

Simply put, the more difficult the scenario the more complicated the supply chain.