Home › Forums › General Discussion › Can we modify the train/bus stations?
- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by atpat.
May 4, 2013 at 17:38 #1124AnonymousInactive
I’ve played Cities in Motion, Simcity 4 and Railroad Tycoon and I have some questions regarding the elements of the gameplay.
- For ground-level and underground stations, can we add more platforms to the existing ones?
- Also, can we add the new platforms, above, below and beside the existing platforms?
- If so, is there a limit to how many platforms we can place in each station?
- For bus stops and terminals, can we add booths i.e. ice cream stalls etc, to them to generate profit?
- Can we create a hub where train platforms and bus interchanges are under one roof such as: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ang_Mo_Kio_Bus_Interchange?
- Can we add shops to the transit hub to generate revenue?
- Can we develop property around our stations like Hong Kong’s MTR to generate profit?
I hope the questions help! AND PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR WONDERFUL WORK!!!May 5, 2013 at 16:53 #1125urbanMember
It will be possible to add platforms (parallel to the existing ones) to a station, but only within limits that depend on the station type. For example, a small station cannot have more than three platforms. Bus stops can be upgraded too, e.g. a simple stop can be provided with a turnout/bay.
Adjacent stations/stops can be grouped so that they’re treated as a single station. While this is essentially a hub, the station and terminal are not under one roof, i.e. their original building is retained. Shops and booth can’t be added directly, but the structures will generate revenue automatically as the number of passengers increases.May 5, 2013 at 17:06 #1126AnonymousInactive
Thanks very much for the reply! Just curious, is a transit hub, as in buses and trains are all under one roof, totally out of the question or is it in the pipelines? Or is it just downright impossible?
And is modding supported in the game?May 6, 2013 at 09:13 #1129urbanMember
No, it’s not totally out of question, but it’s not a top priority, since a similar behavior can be achieved with a group of stations/terminals/stops. Regarding modding, the exact specifications are yet to be defined, but it will at least be possible to create custom vehicles and tweak simulation parameters.May 6, 2013 at 17:37 #1130AnonymousInactive
Thank you very much for the reply! Keep up the fantastic work! I am a huge fan of this and I am really looking forward to the next update of the game from you guys.May 24, 2013 at 15:32 #1165AnonymousInactive
but it will at least be possible to create custom vehicles
You mean, modders will be able to create new models (locomotives, wagons and so on) and added it to game? It will be very good! 🙂October 24, 2013 at 13:32 #1446atpatParticipant
“It will be possible to add platforms (parallel to the existing ones) to a station, but only within limits that depend on the station type”
So we will have to demolish the small station and build a new, large station. Presumably this means that the (gone) small station will be expunged from all lines in which it was used, and a new large station will have to be added manually to them all. Right?
Moral: build a small large station from the start, and expand it!
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.