I’m playing now 130+ hours of Train Fever and still having a blast! Great game!
But to be honest, I’m getting a little tired of the never-ending upgrade troubles. I’m playing on a large map with large interconnected networks, and upgrades are getting very cumbersome. I hope the entirety of upgrade procedures will be re-looked at, and streamlined for smoother working and nicer experience:
- upgrading tracks to high speed (no more delete and replace)
- electrifying tracks (especially the “track busy” problem)
- upgrading stations (in stead of destroying them, and hopeful being able to rebuild the bigger one)
- upgrade of roads to bigger/wider (with less restrictive problems like too narrow,…)
- upgrade of roads with working bus lanes (did never got them to work properly)
- upgrade of roads with tram track (catenary is missing… just eye candy but hey!)
- upgrade of bridges (eg wooden to stone or metal, now not yet possible, and is just eye candy)
- upgrade of bus and tram stations (and have them work correctly, especially when using “wait until full”)
- upgrade of signals (semaphores to day light signals, and have the show the aspect,… is just eye candy)
- upgrade of vehicles (the procedure to semi-auto send them to depot and replace them)
- visual upgrade of industry when production increases or era changes (this is just eye candy)
- have the dirt road available until the end of game (no forced upgrade, asphalted country road are added)
I enjoy the game a lot, and hope developers will continue their effort to make this game even better.