British Trains, buses and lorries

Home Forums Modding British Trains, buses and lorries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    martinez
    Participant

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone out there could be working on British trains, buses and lorries with their own schemes. Been playing this for a while now and  I am quite looking forward to seeing British Engineering in the game.

Would like to see (only know trains a little) – class 395 Javelin (South Eastern), class 390 Pendolino(Virgin), Class 43 (FGW, EC, XC, VT), Class 375/379(Southern+South Eastern)

Please reply your thoughts,

Martinez.

HexAyed
    Participant

There has been some Class 08-11 Shunters and 55 Deltics in BR liveries added, (ask for links if you want) also there has been a 158 DMU added in East-Midlands livery.

BritishTrains
    Participant

I did some shunters they can be found here http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Filebase/18-Diesel/   then I die No 5 Shannon, AS presevered in didcot railway center http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/645-No-5-Shannon/   and I am currently building more rolling stock to match those

simonmd
    Participant

Beautifully done as your shunters are, I found them not to be economically viable in the game because of their speed. We are constantly tied by this ’20 min’ rule and a train that travels at 30mph is not going to compete very well. I don’t want to discourage you though because the models themselves are very nicely done and I hope this spurs you onto making some more for us Brit fans! If you like Diesel, how about a class 43 HST?

BritishTrains
    Participant

I now about this problem, I puplished these shunters with their original speed. These were my very first models and I didn’t want to make something that is in anyway important to the game, because if I would have screwed it nobody would have been angry. If you want to make the shunters more useful in the game, you can do so by opening your steam directory and then going to steamapps/common/trainfever/res/models/model/vehicle/train there you find the mdl files of every engine in the game. You can open the Class 08/r 08; 09/r 09; 11/r 11 mdls with the editor or notepad++ line 127 contains the top speed of the model and you can change this value to your liking 🙂

simonmd
    Participant

That’s a good idea, I didn’t know they could be changed so easy, i’ll use them on a short goods line then.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I have tried looking in steamapps/common/trainfever/res/models/model/vehicle/train as suggested.  My system says that the folder is empty?

Any suggestions? I install most mods using TFGM mostly, and the few that are incompatible I use TFMM.

BritishTrains
    Participant

try using the search function for your res folder and look after “Class 08.mdl”. If the folder would be really empty you shouldn’t have any locomotives in the game. Therefore I think your system might be hiding them in some way.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Thanks, your suggestion worked!

BritishTrains
    Participant
    BritishTrains
    Participant

I just finished work on the Class 156 DMU. There are now 3 Versions available at: http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/969-British-Rail-Class-156/

BritishTrains
    Participant
    BritishTrains
    Participant
    moriety
    Participant

Putting famous British Shunters into this game is pretty pointless: They did exactly what they were intended to do: shunt rolling stock around at individual stations or marshalling yards, and were never built for public service or speed, just traction and pulling power, the class 08 probably being the best example: high traction and very small for her output.

I’d like to see the Castle (4073 class) and Deltic classes in the game! Seeing the then beasts of the railways: Classes 37, 52 and 55 would be good. The Deltic had two engines and her pulling power was such that it meant that no more than one engine was ever switched on, if a breakdown occurred (very rarely) the crew simply put the other engine on.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

The Deltics always ran on BOTH engines in service, they needed all their power to maintain the tight schedules on the east coast main line, these frequently required 100mph running.  They only ran on one engine when they had breakdown on one of the engines, this allowed them to continue their journey at reduced speed rather than becoming a cripple like other single engined locos.

PS: The twin engines made so much noise that many of their drivers suffered from hearing loss in later life.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Norfolk_Chris.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Norfolk_Chris.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.