[Bug] [New Build] Running trains reverse directions by itself

Home Forums Support [Bug] [New Build] Running trains reverse directions by itself

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ebigunso
    Participant

When a train is running between two stations, and the one behind the train is destroyed and then rebuilt, the train suddenly switches its running direction and starts heading backwards in the line.

This makes the train’s speed go down to zero so even if I go in to manually put it in the proper direction, it still messes with my time tables. Please fix this.

ebigunso
    Participant

EDIT: It seems to happen when the train is close to the station which was rebuilt, and the facing of the train is irrelevant. A train heading into the said station also did switch directions.

ebigunso
    Participant

Another confirmed incident of the train reversing. It also happens when you switch the electrification of the line when the said train is in station or possibly close to it (haven’t checked on train close to station situation yet).

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

This is persistent problem that also occurs when when upgrading level crossings (you have to bulldoze the track to upgrade the road), or any other track modification.

This has been reported on numerous occasions.  It needs some attention by the devs to solve the problem!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I´m trying to reproduce your problem. Could you provide me with a screenshot of the situation?

Best Regards
    Tom

Mike
    Participant

Yepp, just had it yesterday – a train was headed direction from the station, about 200m from it.

Hit pause, demolish the station, and oops – the train is reversed..

Same symptoms like creating bus stops sends all poor pedestrians in the area into a wormhole 😀

no big deal though since the game is awesome 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Mike is right, this happens always with street vehicles. With trains it is (at least for me) a very rare case, that´s why I´m looking for a reproducible case and as far as I understand ebigunso, it happens always in certain situations?!

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I have noticed this problem most frequently when upgrading a level crossing to incorporate tram tracks.

As we cannot upgrade the road with the rail tracks in situ (why?) we need to demolish a short portion of track before we can upgrade the road, this probably causes the problem.  This does not always happen, it’s not consistent.

It looks like the problem occurs when the line path is broken, either by crossing or station upgrades.

Mike
    Participant

Wow I had even more awesome teleport yesterday: paused, demolished the station, and, about 25 km from there, after 2 cities, the train which was stopped on a station in a 3rd city has moved to another track on the same station!

It happened on a double-track non-electrified line (2 one-way tracks) linking 4 cities. The demolished station was the terminus station in the first city.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

This is actually a very old bug. I have seen it happen countless times already. There is indeed no consistency in it happening. I have even had trains reversing that weren’t even on the same line. A couple of months ago I had a save where I could say: demolish that piece of track and do this with it and a train would reverse. Tried that save multiple times with similar track edits and the result is always the same. So the error in itself is reproducable. You just need to have a save at hand from just before the demolishing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.