Catenary system

Home Forums General Discussion Catenary system

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Corupt
    Participant

Hallo!

I am a great fan of your game, a great fan of all games of such genre, and, while playing all of them, I saw one, but huge mistake: there was no catenary system. Even in such game as Cities in Motion/Cities in Motion 2 I haven’t found it. That’s a pity.

So, I’d like to know, if catenary exists in your game 🙂 (in fact, talking about trams)

P.S Sorry for my bad English )

Axel Springer
    Participant

Hello,

you mean something like this?:

Corupt
    Participant

Yes, but for trams.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The cantenary is inclued in all tracks or exists a special track with cantenary?

urban

From about 1905 onward, you can build railroad tracks both with and without catenary. It is also possible to provide existing tracks with a catenary.

As the first electric tram went into regular service in 1881, they will be available in the game earlier than trains.

Corupt
    Participant

Oh, thanks! It’s really good news!

Damage
    Participant

Excellent news 🙂

I am wondering though, will there also be buses with a catenary? They’re used in my country in a few cities (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolleybus) and in quite a few other countries too. I think they’re invented quite a while ago, like the around the year 1900 or so.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think they’re invented quite a while ago, like the around the year 1900 or so.

Well, first trolleybus was created in 1881. But if we talk about more or less modern trolleybuses with rod pantograph – they appeared in 1909. 🙂

I know what now trolleybuses not very popular in Europe and USA, but it would be very nice if we could see trolleybuses in TF. I am ready to provide any assistance if required. 😀

Corupt
    Participant

I know what now trolleybuses not very popular in Europe and USA, but it would be very nice if we could see trolleybuses in TF.

Hmm…I don’t really think like this. There are many trolleybus systems in Eastern Europe, and if we count ex-USSR countries, there are many-many trolleybuses in Europe.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Corupt.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Corupt.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well you know, I’m live in ex-USSR city with 2’nd trolleybus network in world, so… ;D

I just want to say that trolleybuses was very popular in Western Europe and USA in the middle of the XX century. Well, just look in this table: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trolleybus_systems

basil
    Urban Games Team

The current plan is to not include trolley buses in the initial release. However, it’s still possible that they find the way into the release or into a DLC.

atpat
    Participant

Old thread, I know, but I thought I’d add that Leeds in the UK is hoping to implement trolleybuses (since the government refused to give them money for a new tram system, all UK cities, including Leeds, with one exception, Blackpool, having ripped out all their tram and trolleybus systems by the 1960s).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.