Corrupt saved games?

Home Forums Support Corrupt saved games?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KestonRP
    Participant

Have been enjoying playing with Train Fever so far. A few bits and pieces could be optimised a little, but I see from the developer updates that this is underway. Definitely think the saved games need reducing in size as I had a folder of 14gb worth since the game’s release!

However, today I’ve had numerous problems actually getting the game to work. First of all the game didn’t want to start at all today, I kept getting a ‘fail’ message.

I deleted and re-installed from Steam, but now I’ve found that my most recent saved games are unable to be loaded – the game just hangs – although earlier saved games from 48 hours ago are loadable.

The game is set-up on Steam to download the latest updates as default and all the graphics drivers are up-to-date.

Is this a known problem or something that only I have experienced?

Thanks.

mikael

Does it hang even after starting a new game, back to main-menu,  then load the savegame you’d like? Also, try to set the textures to high in the settings.

KestonRP
    Participant

Hello Mikael,

I did have that idea myself of seeing whether a new game would somehow fix it. I got a brand new game started and then tried exiting back to the main menu and loading my saved game(s) but alas still no joy.

I’ve just returned to playing a game from 48 hours ago now but will advise if I have a recurrence and next time I will try to provide some better information which way be more useful from a developer debugging point of view.

PS – I’m really enjoying this game and hope to see some community mods and DLC.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by KestonRP.
    mikael

Could you please give me your steam display name.

So i can have a look into the crash-dumps

Flowimmer
    Participant

Same here, can start a new game and run it for hours without a crash, but can’t load a savegame.

Steam name is Flowimmer, in the stderr.txt it says: c:\urban\dev_steam_x64\trunk\src\game\urbansim\initstreets.cpp:134: Verification of `checkTerrain’ failed.

Thanks

mikael

@Flowimmer

Can you please upload your savegame to dropbox/google-drive and  post it? it could help us finding the issue.

Flowimmer
    Participant

@mikael, sure, here you go:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C502993FF881FA39!4024&authkey=!AHrVnEqCWKLWhyU&ithint=file%2cdmp
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C502993FF881FA39!4023&authkey=!AJ7mZ7fPN6sbx5Q&ithint=file%2cdmp
    Flowimmer
    Participant

Hi,

any news on the savegames? Were the logs helpful?

Best regards

Flo

mikael

Hello, I’m sorry for the long time to answer.

You’ve uploaded the crash dumps and not the savegames.

You can find the Savegames in this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steam user id>\304730\local\save

A savegame to  cause the crash will help us a lot to load it in the debug mode.

Flowimmer
    Participant

Hi, it seems to work now with the latest update. Just takes a while for large maps to load. If it crashes again, I will upload the savegame and tell you. Thanks for the great game and the support.

DJulesCMN
    Participant

Hi Mikael,

I’ve the same problem with a pretty small savegame:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8dVi9aTt7CN2p2VTN5Qnc0eGM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and Greetings,

Jules

Ps. If you can’t fix it it’s probably not the biggest problem ever because from now on I’m just going to stop deleting autosaves. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.