Crocodile with passenger wagons

Home Forums General Discussion Crocodile with passenger wagons

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Traian Trante
    Participant

I see the picture on the front page and i wonder: did anyone use the crocodile for passenger service ?????

Varana
    Participant

Nope. πŸ˜€

The teaser images are chosen because someone thought they looked good. There’s also the loading screen with the lone goods wagon on a passenger train (probably meant as a post wagon), which is utter nonsense, from a gameplay point of view.

medopu
    Participant

Not everything you see in pictures and videos of trainfever makes sense. Remember the horse cart wagon going from a bus station in train fever trailer? πŸ˜€

dakdak99
    Participant

Does anyone ever use the Crocodile? It goes just 65 km/h Β and only 7 years later the Ae 4/7 appears, which is superior in every single way. With the 20-minute limit, using the Crocodile just doesn’t make any sense to me.

jm764
    Participant

It’s possible to use them for passenger service, but only on short lines as main line use is all but worthless. Besides the original locomotive was built to haul goods trains up and down mountain routes with fairly sharp curves. Best to use it for freight.

medopu
    Participant

yup… i only use it on steep steep mountains because it has superior power/traction… but only when i can’t afford to wait for Ae4/7

uzurpator
    Participant

dakdak99

(shameless plug) In Balance Mod Crocodile is almost OP when it comes to hauling freight.

dakdak99
    Participant

I’ve just put it on a short freight line where the time limit won’t matter, just because I like the look of them and anyway, I have more than 1 Billion in money anyway. πŸ™‚

Uzurpator, I’ll take a look at your mod, thanks!

Person012345
    Participant

@dakdak: I have experimentally used it on one of my cargo lines that has a short route, steepish inclines and a decent number of wagons. It is a tad cheaper than the Ae, easily fits within the 20 minute limit and can transport all the goods so there’s not a need for the speed. On the other hand, would the cost of more wagons (due to longer round-trip time) bump up the cost of running ti to equal the Ae? I don’t know and I don’t really care. Maybe someone could work it out.

Traian Trante
    Participant

It kind of does. 100kmph AE, 65kmph crocodile. You need 35% more wagons using the croc to transport the same amount of production / year. The maintenance difference between the ae and the croc is small, so those 35% more wagons will eventually cost you more.

Yeol
    Participant

The developers are Swiss, and Swiss people are proud of their crocodile locomotive. They put it in the game because they like the locomotive, but in Train Fever the Crocodile us useless. As long as the developers consider freight as another kind of passengers, with the same 20 minute concept, a freight train locomotive has no means of existence in Train Fever.

I hope the developers will review the freight model and concept, so freight can be hauled as freight, with it’s specific problematic and solution.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.