Degraded performance after Yosemite upgrade

Home Forums Support Degraded performance after Yosemite upgrade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Hi, I upgraded to Yosemite over the weekend and the performance of Train Fever has got noticeably worse. Do you expect this to be the case or is something wrong with my setup?

Also is there anyway to run the game without Steam? The overlay keeps crashing and Steam is generally annoying.

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Bump

The game ‘stutters’ every 2 seconds – all animation stops for a fraction of a second every 2 seconds.  When it updates all the vehicles and people jump to where they should be. This includes the mouse pointer.

Seems unrelated to game speed, happens even when paused – mouse stutters when I move it around while the game is paused.

All my graphics options are low or off (Ambient, HDR, Ref, Shadows & Geo) the game is windowed in a small window.

Doesn’t appear to be graphics related, is there some task that happens every 2 seconds? The game was absolutely fine before I upgraded to Yosemite.

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Ok so unplugging the thunderbolt display from the mac book pro seems to fix it. (Or only using the display by closing the laptop works too)

Interestingly there’s lots of hits for various games/apps when googling poor frame rates after Yosemite upgrade. 

uzurpator
    Participant

What is Yosemite?

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Apple’s latest version of OS X

Martin Mulder
    Participant

I am using Windows 7, and I have exactly the same problem. Every few seconds the game freezes for around 1 second and than continues. This is after I installed the update of december 16th 2014.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.