Factory on prod cap holding demand of cities??

Home Forums General Discussion Factory on prod cap holding demand of cities??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    assko277
    Participant

Hey Train Fever lovers… and haters 🙂

I have a funny situation on my map. I am serving 9 Cities with Goods from one Steel Mill. I know, pretty huge demand, but it was ok in the early game and I was getting huge amount of money from iron and coal, I had like 7 trains running for each line :D. but now as the cities grew, the steel mill long ago hit the production cap of 400, but nevertheless is still assigned demand from cities to itself.

So I thought, ok, this factory is not enough, I have a nice goods transportation network, so I will just connect another factory to my hub stations near the first factory and send some goods there, so it can be distributed to other cities. And it actually works, BUT, it is not filling the demand that the first factory can’t, but instead only raising production slowly based on the rate in which the demand of connected cities grows. So all the demand in the point where I built the second factory is kinda holding the demand of the cities, even if it can not fill it anymore. Which causes the problem, that the cities are not receiving enough goods, and my second factory does not have enough demand.

I counted the demand on the cities and the total is 581/926. The first factory is commited to produce 734 units and produces 400 obviously, when we subtract this from total demand, we get 181/192, which is roughly what the second factory produces.

What I would like to see, is that the factory would not eat more demand than it actually can fill on maximum level. Well, maybe it’s designed to be this way making it more harder for the player to manage his network and I can accept that, but it should at least slowly balance itself and I can’t really see that happening.

And below the pic where you can see the factory that promised what she can’t fulfill, little b**** :).

(My first post here, so if the image does not work, you can see it here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfvvhgywhjth88p/2015-01-08_00001.jpg?dl=0 )

Demand Eating Monster

assko277
    Participant

Ok, so maybe if I actually spent the time in the game instead of writing this post, I would notice that the first factory allocated demand is going down, slowly. 😀 I guess the second factory just can’t go up fast enough. So in time, very long time :(, it will catch up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.