First Impressions… suggested improvements (long post alert!)

Home Forums General Discussion First Impressions… suggested improvements (long post alert!)

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Since me having several dozend hours of playtime experience, It would like to mention some more improvements not listed so far:

Gameplay / Bugs / Balancing:

* Pedestrians as well as waiting passengers disappear when building tram tracks or upgrading a street. Even if they’re waiting in a rail station grouped with a proximate bus stop. This can create a massive income drop if it concerns a rail station with several lines – in difficult it can be a neckbraker

* same counts for adding or extending streets

* difference between levels of difficulty normal and difficult is way too high. In normal after a few decades I have to expand excessively in order to get rid of my millions. In difficult my balance doesn’t allow even a single train line. An alternative way would be to have five instead of three levels.

* add an option fill to 1/4, half, 3/4 additionally to filling one cargo type completely

* add an option for a maximum waiting time in combination with filling to a certain amount

* trains should automatically change the track when the normal path is blocked. I had the situation several times that two tracks where available for two lines but both trains chose the same platform to arrive and didn’t want to chance it even though I rotated the waiting one back and forth

* bus lines should spread over available platforms. Why do three tram lines choose the same platform in a bus station when there are four available?

GUI:

* Windows should be closable by right click (could be optional) instead of having to aim on the small x.

* Vehicle windows should optionally open without tracking camera. On my rather old machine (Core 2 Q6600) it really slows down the performance when buying several (e. g. ten) vehicles at once, cause then also ten registers with a small camera following the carriage/truck/whatever open. The curser also judders which can be really annoying concidering the point previously mentioned.

* Windows should not open behind fixed GUI elements. When coosing a vehicle or depot outside the screen, the corresponding register is placed at the very edge of the screen – even if it’s behind the building menu, the main menu or the money/XP display

Features:

* rail and big bus stations with two street connections. In 1850 it might be appropriate to have a rail stations oriented to only the front side but in 1970 most stations have a connection to both sides of the track. This would also support growing of the city around the station. Big bus stations also could have two entrances (even to one side) in order to prevent traffic jams in front of the one small entry.

* rail stations with the entrance at one end of the platform. This way you wouldn’t have to block a factory for cars or create detours in order to place the cargo station near to it.

coujou
    Participant

I would like to see much bigger difference in town population. Just like in real life – you have one or two very big cities in a region and many small towns and villages. It would be great to have (at the very beginning) few (depends on map size) cities with population of 2000-3000,  little more towns with around 300 people in it and many little villages. Also as in real world, not every village has shopping facilities and industry. Little villages are in most cases “just for living” or some agriculture, the industry buildings (blue ones) should be only (or mostly) in cities, as well as big shops. That’s why there is  a village-city transport – for commuting. And the second thing about the industry – I would like to have only few really big industry buildings in the city/region, that employ hundreds or thousands of people (e.g. car plant, arms factory…), not hundreds of little factories, that’s not real, at least in 1950 and later.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.