Grouping Stations

Home Forums General Discussion Grouping Stations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Hey all, can anyone tell what the point of grouping stations is? Initially I assumed they could share entrances but that doesn’t seem to be the case. My next guess would be easier pathfinding for the sims to change lines?

FX2K
    Participant

I think it just provides less clutter on the screen, grouped or not they perform the same… well, not quite… If you group a station with a bus stop and make changes to a train line, any bus routes which go through this group will be recalculated which can sometimes cause it to change paths, and vice versa.

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Yeah I noticed that so I stopped using the feature. But then I wondered if it makes the pathfinding for the sims easier i.e. more likely to use 2 bus lines and a train line if they are all connected – effectively one path when calculating the best way from home to wherever.

Tattoo
    Participant

The way I found was when building bus stations and they don’t always go where you want them to be built and end up being 2 stations instead of 1. I would group 2 stations that way. If grouping is used any other way, I’d like to know more about it too.

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

One thing I noticed is that when the bus routes go wonky and busses try to go around the block to stop on the opposite side of the road, what you can do is remove that stop in the Line editor and then instead of adding it back via the grouped label click on the actual bus stop on the side you want it to stop on – doesn’t seem to move after that. With complex bus routes and try to add it all like that from the start – but it can be a pain zooming in and out.

NeighborKid
    Participant

I just figured out that grouping stations… isnt so beneficial. I was really hoping my 10 track station wouldnt require 2 bus stops, but people cant enter the other set of tracks from the first bus stop. Nor can freight jump to the other station as well. Kind of a pain.

FX2K
    Participant

Nope, stations have one entrance on one side only. But it would be nice if it worked how you tried it.
    Perhaps a suggestion for the future. Personally I would like to see stations with access on both sides and ones with access at the end, terminal style.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.