Linux installation?

Home Forums General Discussion Linux installation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kallewirsch
    Participant

Hi all, a maybe stupid question… but I couldn’t find clear information:

How to purchase a version for Linux (and if possible for Windows in parallel)?

The DVD from Astragon is for “PC/Windows”. This website here announced that Windows users can deploy the Linux version as well…

Can the Linux version be installed from that DVD as well?

Can I play it in Windoze *and*Linux? Can it be played from two different Linux boxes? (I use Ubuntu and Arch Linux)

Thanks in advance and apologize if I did not RTFM if one exists.

Kallewirsch

Blokker_1999
    Participant

I don’t know about any boxed versions. But the steam version gives you the game on all platforms. I would assume that any boxed version would also give you a key that can also be activated (or maybe it even requires you to do so) on steam. That way you have the game on all platforms.

isidoro
    Participant

Consider also that the Linux version is only for 64-bit linux.

stmprn35
    Participant

The boxed version contains (or at least conatined – during launch) only WIndows instalations files. But the game require Steam so u can take the licence number from box  and download and install the game from Steam Client.

The licence works for both Windows and Linux (and Mac OSX) You can play the game from ANY machine with Steam, u can have multiple instalation across diferent OSs, as long as you are logged in your Steam account.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by stmprn35.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.