Mac version won't open

Home Forums Support Mac version won't open

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bydforthewin
    Participant

Hi,

I downloaded Train Fever through the steam application however when I press play, the box with “Preparing to launch train fever” pops up and promptly disappears about two seconds later. I have verified integrity of game cache, reinstalled it about three times and also reinstalled steam once but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

bydforthewin
    Participant

Forgot to mention: Running 10.7.5, Early 2011 MacBook Pro i5

Vector824
    Participant

I updated to Mavericks (10.9.2) this morning and it works great! I was running 10.8.6 and the game was completely unplayable.  Mine started up though.  I assume it has something to do with our graphics card drivers. I’m on 2010 15″ MBP GeForce 330M 512mb, 8Gb RAM, i7.

I would try that and see where it gets you.

bydforthewin
    Participant

Hello again,

I updated to Mavericks as well and it has been flawless since then (touch wood). It has not crashed (touch wood) and there aren’t too many bugs in my opinion. I guess it just doesn’t work on Lion. I suppose the game itself is a bit nerdy and technical but you get used to it, I just like watching the trains :). One thing I do wish they would do is create a screen mode where none of the tools or tabs on the edges are visible, like Cities in Motion 2 as I am sure this would make the game run more smoothly, especially at lower angles which my computer cannot handle.

Thanks again for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.