Multi Combined lines?

Home Forums General Discussion Multi Combined lines?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PresFox
    Participant

Hello,

In the middle of 4 mines (2x iron, 2x coal), i put down a cargo station and a truck stop, then i proceeded to add 4 lines, one from each mine, to the center station / truck stop.

Then i connected the station to another one near a steel mill.

However, no goods are transported at all, is this even possible?

Regards

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

You need to connect your steel mill to town that has a deficit in it’s goods requirement.   It’s important to have a customer for your steel mill’s products.   If there’s no demand there will be no production!

PresFox
    Participant

Added a road depot to the steel mill, and setup a line transporting the goods to a nearby town. Still nothing happens, and line usage still says no on all mines and the steel mill.

Traian Trante
    Participant

you have to have enough vehicles on all lines to trigger the production. 2 carriages/trucks won’t do. More vehicles means lower waiting times.

There is a hard coded time limit of 20 minutes before each good crate must reach its destination. That includes time spent from the mine to the station, waiting at station, unloading, moving it to the second loading bay, waiting for a truck there  (THIS is what is killing your line, btw), loading etc, etc…..

When doing complex lines like that (transferring goods to a second line), you must take into account all the waiting times possible.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Traian Trante.
    Person012345
    Participant

Show the setup, screenshots and things. Include the line screen, with the lines in question on it.

yid
    Participant

A very common error that I frequently do is using PASSENGER train stations instead of GOODS train station. Please check if you did that. They have a different icon.

Xcenty
    Participant

If the roads you built to transport raw materials to steel mill are bypassing existing road lines. You’ve to delete them first.

Otherwise, the industries will not use your line. (the same happen if your road is a detour)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.