Multicore CPU Support

Home Forums General Discussion Multicore CPU Support

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sodien
    Participant

Hello,

can you please add the multicore cpu Support for Trainfever? Especially on med/large maps with many lanes and many vehicles two cpu cores are on max and the rest of the cpu is idle. One time in the month, when the citys are changed/created, the game pauses for a few seconds. In this time one cpu core is at max, the rest of the cpu is at idle. Many of the gaming systems are quad cpu (or more) systems. May be HT technology can help to make the game run smoother.

greetings Sodien

kimmaz
    Participant

Also add support for multi storage support, so you can save games on more than one hard-drive. I keep running out of space on my c: cause of the hefty 25gb per autosaves

simonmd
    Participant

25gb saves, er I don’t think so, mb maybe!

Sodien, try READING the forum, multicore support or ‘hyperthrading’ is THE big topic about this game. It’s why many people like myself have abandoned it as once you get a reasonable setup, the game become unplayable. This game will die soon without it, if the Devs don’t already know this then there is no hope for TF.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

The most informative thread on this forum: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/req-multithreading-performance-issu-large-map/

Also, auto save files can grow to above 100MB, but the largest I have now are around 150MB

fransgelden
    Participant

I like to add some extra notes here.

I’ve checked the windows resources monitor and seen TF make use of 10 threads when playing the game. I also seen every instance, maybe every month, the CPU processing increase from 32% to 50% on my i5-3330K.

Thus the 50% is when the game stutter.  My assumption is there is 1 thread consuming the 25% of my processor capacity and the other 9 threads is on the other core which increase the capacity up to 32%. I also assume hyper-threading is not so well implemented than multi-threading.

louvenia
    Participant

Maybe you can update driver for your device to see whether the problem remains.

First, you can use Windows update.
    Step 1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap “Settings”, and then tap “Change PC settings”. But if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up. Then click “Settings” and “Change PC settings”.

Step 2. Tap or click “update and recovery”, and then tap or click “Windows Update”.

Step 3. Tap or click “Choose how updates get installed”.

Step 4. Under important updates, choose “Install updates automatically”.

If it does not help, you can use a drivers update utility to update the driver automatically. With it, you can download and update whatever drivers whenever in need. http://tiny.cc/3cwerx. It helps me download and update many of my device drivers and I hope it can also work for you. You can download and install it, then it will automatically scan for your system and recommend suitable drivers for you. You can download or update whichever driver you need.

fransgelden
    Participant

@louvenia: I don’t understand what you mean by updating drivers and etc.

Multicore support is to develop the game’s code in such way to make use of all the processing capacity available. I think updating drivers will not help unless you receive errors like missing files or functions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.