Need patch for patch

Home Forums General Discussion Need patch for patch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geneo
    Participant

Before the last patch, TF worked just fine(!)
    Now it seems half the time when I start the game the Main Menu selections are grayed out (requiring restarting the game), crashes, and my Intel graphics card stops working and needs to be “recovered”- after which the game is ‘frozen’.  (The problem with some of the main menu disappearing if you change resolution is already documented, with a temp ‘work around’).

Surface Pro 3, i5, 8 gigs memory, Win 8.1, Intel integrated graphics HD4400 (1.7 gigs)

This is the only game I have problems running.  And I want to play it so bad.

I know you guys won’t know when the next patch is coming out, but hopefully “Admin” will see this (I know he’s working on it).  I’m just voicing that there’s several of us patiently waiting for the patch-of-the-patch.  (Fantastic game, BTW).

Edit: forgot to mention- this is the Steam version of TF.

lightrail
    Participant

If you want to play the game, I suggest you get yourself a decent graphic card. Integrated graphics are not really designed for game play like this.   I’ve had no problems with running trains. I’m using a Geforce 670 card – and it is smooth (except the halts when save game activates).

FX2K
    Participant

If you want to play the game, I suggest you get yourself a decent graphic card. Integrated graphics are not really designed for game play like this.

Surface pro is basically a tablet / laptop hybrid.. you can’t just slot in a graphics card.
    But on that note, in my opinion anyway, these things simply are not designed for gaming, other than ‘mobile’ games.

Mind you, TF performs absolutely terrible late game on a high end gaming rig which wipes the floor of many AAA games, so its a combination of both being at fault.

Geneo
    Participant

I knew an sp3 wasn’t a ‘gaming PC’ going in, but I have no trouble running Cities XL, Civ 5, Cities In Motion 2, A-train 9 and others… including Train Fever before the last patch….. and none of those are graphical slouches.
    Would a PC with a nice dedicated graphics card be better?  Of course.

But: TF runs good>patch>TF runs bad. So forget the computer part.
    All I’m saying is a patch to fix the bugs introduced with the last patch  would be a Good Thing.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Geneo.
    FX2K
    Participant

Would a PC with a nice dedicated graphics card be better?  Of course.

Nope 🙂 that’s why I posted the last part…

But: TF runs good>patch>TF runs bad. So forget the computer part.

FWIW, I was mainly just correcting lightrail by suggesting you get a new graphics card for a surface pro, but got carried away a little.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.