Noob with a problem

Home Forums General Discussion Noob with a problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shades
    Participant

Hi. Just started playing this game and I have a problem. I have 3 cities with stations. Lets call them A, B, C.

I have one train running A to B. Another running B to C, both making good profit but there is a surplus of passengers. (its only 1855 so I only have the 1st train and dont want to put more than 8 carriages on them) So I decided to create an express route that would run A to C to B to A to B to C then back to A. This adds a long run from A to C and another C to A. The problem is it isn’t picking up any passengers. It has room for 30 and it stops at stations with passengers wanting to go to the next stop but no one gets on. Is this a game bug or have I done something wrong?

jm764
    Participant

Well the easiest solution to the problem would simply be adding a second train and making both run a>b>c>b>a and have them leave a & c at the same time so they meet a b together to reduce waiting time.

Jasp
    Participant

I fear it’s too complicated. I’m not sure if passengers understand that the train sometimes goes a-c and sometimes a-b. Try to reduce to a – c only.

edit: Passengers don’t take the next train but decide which line they’ll take when they start at home.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Jasp.
    Vimpster
    Participant

Sounds to me like you are going over the time limit for the A-C/C-A route. There is an internal 20 minute limit for travel time. If the person estimates they will exceed the 20 minute limit getting to their destination then they won’t choose to make the trip. It could also be the infrequency of the route. You have the same train doing A-B/B-A then doing A-C/C-A from the sounds of it. Anyone wanting to go from A-C/C-A, assuming it is otherwise doable within the time limit, would be waiting so long because of the A-B/B-A part that they would far exceed the 20 minute limit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.