nVidia Dynamic Super Resolution

Home Forums Support nVidia Dynamic Super Resolution

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zv3rk4
    Participant

Hello!

I tried using DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in the game but there is a bug with the mouse. I can change the resolution and it looks fine but mouse seems to be locked to the default monitor resolution and is not being affected by the resolution change. It would be great if you could fix that by appling the mouse limits to the screen resolution, should be a really easy fix too.

Devs, feel free to contact me for tips and hints on how to fix this bug, I’ll be glad to help 🙂

Vertigo
    Participant

Hi!

Simple solution: find the trainfever.exe on your computer => right-click => properties => compatibility => check “disable display scaling on high DPI settings” and apply. This works for many other games as well.

zv3rk4
    Participant

Works perfectly, thanks!

I didn’t need that quick fix on any other game so I posted here. 🙂

FX2K
    Participant

I’m curious.
    What system do you have where using DSR doesn’t kill train fever’s performance even more so than it is already? and what is your native resolution / versus what you are setting for DSR.

zv3rk4
    Participant

I do have some stuttering here and there even if i play on low resolution and performance, I think its the AI problem as it usually stutters right before the red maintenance cost text appears & during saves, so it’s probably not the renderer that causes the hiccups, so I am pushing it. Btw, game anti-aliasing is turned off.

My system config:

• CPU:  Intel i5-3570k @4.2GHz
    • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX760 (Twin Frozr II from MSI)
    • RAM: 8GB DDR @1600MHz
    • SSD: Samsung Evo 840, 120GB (only OS and important apps on it)
    • HDD: WD 1TB @7200rpm (random stuff, games, pagefile)

My monitors resolution is 1680×1050 but I used DSR to push it to the 2560×1600. I would tell you the FPS I get but neither the Riva Tuner nor GeForce Experience work in this game so yeah… Didn’t try out fraps since I don’t really use it 🙂

P.S. Battlefield 3 runs  at 80FPS on 2376×1485 Max Setting so yeah, it should be the game logic that makes the trouble.

P.P.S. I will probably use smaller resolution in future because informatio ntext of Train Fever is too small and too blury to read, but I wanted to try it out anyway.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by zv3rk4. Reason: CPU clock changed due to wrong info
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by zv3rk4. Reason: HDD speed added
    FX2K
    Participant

I tried DSR just for the sake of trying it, although since I already run native @ 2560×1600, it was a bit of a push to go higher.  I can’t say I liked the scaling blurred UI / text either.  But it was just a quick test to see how it looked.

I have been using fraps since most others don’t work with this game, although afterburner does log it outside of the game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.