Offline playing

Home Forums Support Offline playing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    erozaxx
    Participant

Hello,

recently I wanted to play TrainFever, while travelling by train 🙂 I found out though, that when I start the game while not connected to internet, the intial menu will not turn from grey to white. I had to connect via mobile at least for the menu and then I could be offline. Is that a feature? If so, is it temporary? I am travelling a lot and paying roaming data just to play the game I paid for already is not really cool feature from my PoV
    Thanks,

T.

Person012345
    Participant

I can confirm this and notably, apart from not allowing you to play the game, it also means you can’t exit the game (normally, anyway, you can still alt+f4 or ctrl alt delete it).

simonmd
    Participant

Another wonderfull feature, thanks Steam!

Person012345
    Participant

It’s not steam’s fault (at least not exclusively). Most games can be played fine if you go offline can’t they?

Something interesting, if this is an option for you OP, it does seem to work if you first put steam into offline mode (which you should then be able to keep it on for the most part). So if you do that when you don’t have an internet connection then maybe it will work?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Person012345.
    electricmonk2k
    Participant

I can confirm that disconnecting from the Internet also disables the TF menu (the text becomes grey). The good news is that if you put Steam in Offline-mode and then restart TF, you can play just fine without an Internet connection.

erozaxx
    Participant

Thanks guys for the Offline-mode of steam “Hack’ 🙂 Did not know it could help. Just tried it and it works. *thumbs up*
    Ty

Mvek
    Participant

No problem on GOG version.

martino.pavese
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just installed the game on a machine that is usually offline.

Even if I start steam in Offline Mode all the options are grey and I can only force closure (alt-f4).

Am I missing something? At home it works without any issues.

Cheers.

jm764
    Participant

This has been a problem since the game was in beta. The game will still work in offline mode reguardless (for me atleast) but it takes a few seconds to minutes for it to load the menu options.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.