One Route at Tram/Bus Stop

Home Forums Support One Route at Tram/Bus Stop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ColoradoEng
    Participant

Due to a major traffic jam in my big city with buses and trams, I built a bus/tram stop on the city edge. I had my two bus routes run to this new stop with a pair of trams that ferry passengers to and from the station, and it works well.  However, I noticed at one point that a large line of buses were waiting to get into the stop.  All of the buses and trams use one route through the stop creating a backlog.  Is there any way to relocate the path for one of the bus routes?

simonmd
    Participant

I don’t believe so, the only way I know to dictate road based routes is to use the bus stops, otherwise it just picks the fastest route.

Neldot
    Participant

As Simonmd said, at the moment there aren’t waypoints to use with buses and trams (as the signals waypoints for trains), so the only way to avoid two or more routes colliding and causing jams is to plan accurately every route and the junctions between the routes.

My method is to place two pair of stops for every road before the crossing where two routes merge,  and then group them in a single stop. The two lines would then automatically choose the nearer stops (which are the ones on the road from where the route comes), and don’t jam the crossing. I use the some technique for route terminus, i place two separate stops on different but adjacent roads.

Train_Maniac
    Participant

Try not to use “Depot Stations” in the cities, as when the city grows larger and traffic rises up, you will have big traffic jams and delays. Consider using the pass-through stops, they are cheaper and more easy to handle. I also suggest you to use both dirrections of a line, example you have 5 stops A,B,C,D and E. Setup a line that it goes A-B-C-D-E and another one that goes E-D-C-B and A. Makes more profit and it gives people the chance to travel faster around. I will post a screenshot later.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.