Love TF but….. Paying to be a Beta tester??

Home Forums Support Love TF but….. Paying to be a Beta tester??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    simonmd
    Participant

After about a week with this game I feel totally frustrated. initially, I didn’t get it, I built lines, went bankrupt, the end. Then, I got to grips with  how to play this game and then the genius of it became clear. I discovered that this was not a glorified, 3d virtual trainset but that there is real skill in identifying  supply and demand and linking them  together in a way that allows the local economy to benefit as well as making a healthy profit yourself.

However, now that I CAN build a decent sized and profitable network, I find that just when I’m progressing and  getting real satisfaction from seeing a new junction or branchline work well, the game starts to grind halt in a way I’ve not experienced since the days I tried to play Flight simulator on a basic PC!

I’ve tried tweeking the settings, ive tried a mod from a member here that gets rid of people and smoke but still, on a machine that can EASILY run FSX, Train Simulator 2015, Crysis, FarCry 3 and 4, etc, etc, etc…. the game becomes totally UNPLAYABLE once you’ve got more than 2 or 3 decent lines running.

If this was a Beta or even just a freeware/OS project, I’d say ‘well done, amazing job’. However, people are PAYING for this and I’ve read too many comments on many different forums around the web that say the same thing. I want to play more, I want to experiment with fast main line services running in parallel with a slower stopping service, I want to try new layouts, the list goes on but I can’t. As soon as I have enough money to expand, the game grinds to a halt. If this was a real railway, it would be shut down and sold off for scrap! As someone who paid good money for this, I feel used.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by simonmd.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by simonmd.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.