Passenger Intelligence

Home Forums General Discussion Passenger Intelligence

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bafouu
    Participant

I have just found out that a new transportation game was being developed at the moment. I have loved Railroad Tycoon 3 and the Cities in Motion series, so I am very excited to see this new game coming. It looks promising !

I was wondering about passenger intelligence :

1) First, is it like in CiM 2, that is to say each person is unique and we could follow each person to see what he does if we want ?

2)People’s reason for travelling is always going to work/home ? Or are there leisure/touristic reasons ?

3) Close to the previous question, are there different type of people ? We could imagine a system of student/workers/pensioner and cities which provide more or less jobs, universities and leisure facilities.

4) I read that passengers choose the fastest way to go where they want. Does it take into account waiting time at the station and change of trains time ? For example  a train which does A=>B=>C is slower than a A=>C train, but if it leaves A before, it could arrive at C before the direct train. What the passenger choice in this case ? And if two lines share the same part of railroad and call at the same stations, will passengers take the first train that come, no matter the line it belongs to ? (That would be awesome, since it is a big drawback of CiM for exemple)

mikael

Hi, i’m going right to your questions:

1)  Yes, our goal is to give every person an individual path. It’s possible to follow them all the time.

2)  Somewhere I’ve mentioned before that every person has his work-home routine with additional leisure routes.

3) There aren’t any groups  to distinguish them.

4) Well this one is complicated. The passengers try to find the fastest possible route. The waiting time at a stations does affect their decision, additional trains/busses/trams do influence the waiting time. Changing a transportation does also influence the total transportation time. And if the stations shares the lines the passenger takes the first and fastest train that will bring him to his destination.

bafouu
    Participant

Thanks for the answers ! It seems that the passengers behaviour will be quite realistic.

Concerning leisure, will it be materialized by facilities on the map such as stadiums, luna parks, museums or shops ? Will cities be more attractive than others ?

mikael

Attractions are planned but we’re not going to include a lot in the release version. Every town itself has a commercial district. Bigger cities have bigger commercial districts and are more attractive for visitors. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.