Problem with 4k monitor

Home Forums Support Problem with 4k monitor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bobgoh
    Participant

Hi,

I have problem with my mouse pointer when playing the game on 4k monitor. The mouse pointer always stuck at the top left hand corner of the screen and can’t move beyond that area. Even on the main menu, I can’t even click ‘option’.

I used to play the game on 1080P monitor but I got my brand new 4k monitor and I am stuck!

Please help!

Regards

Bob

mikael

You can switch to window mode with alt+enter.

Then you’re able to change the resolution again. 

If it doesn’t work again after switching forth and back with alt+enter, try and stick to a lower resolution. 

bobgoh
    Participant

Ok. thanks for that, but it doesn’t solve the problem. I switched to window mode, changed to 4k (3840×2160), started a new game, but when the map displayed, I still can’t move beyond the top left area. It seems like Train Fever can’t support 4k? If I set to 1920×1080, it works fine but defeat the purpose for me to have 4k monitor.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by bobgoh.
    Wtson145
    Participant

The mouse pointer always stuck at the top left hand corner of the screen and can’t move beyond that area. Even on the main menu, I can’t even click ‘option’.

watson

Dudley
    Participant

I have a 4K monitor & AMD R290 card.  I have to do the Alt – Enter trick every time I start the game, it won’t remember the settings.  Rather irritating!  The game plays fine at 4K res, but a scaling option for the dialogs would make it better.

SledgeFox
    Participant

I have the same problem. Even when starting the game in 1920 x 1080 I can not use the full screen with my mouse. Only about 3/4 of the screen from upper left.

After ALT + ENTER into window mode, it works, also when switching back to full screen.

But in 3840 x 2160 it doesn’t work at all. Please try to fix this.

admin
    Keymaster

SledgeFox, can you tell my what the native resolution of your screen is and which graphiccard you are using?

Thanks
    Tom

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by admin.
    admin
    Keymaster

A follow-up: Thanks to a user from the steam forums there might be a solution. You can try to disable the scaling for high DPI-values. To do so, right click the TrainFever.exe and under Properties / Compatibility you should find a matching option.

Would be great if you let me know, if that helped!

SledgeFox
    Participant

Hello Tom!

Thank you for your fast reply!

My native Resolution is 3840 x 2160. My GPU is NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti.

The provided walk around with checking “turn off scaling for high DPI values” worked flawlessly.

I fear that many not so computer firm users won’t find this solution, so a future patch would be wonderful. Maybe an option to make the fonts and GUI elements somewhat bigger to prevent me from needing glasses when using the native resolution in Train Fever in future patches?

I love this game and the support and ambition of it’s creators, thank you very much for your time and help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.