[RELEASE] Stadler Flirt

Home Forums Modding [RELEASE] Stadler Flirt

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Great job, excellent you got this working allready. Maybe you can make a movie for the modders how to make animated doors?

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Allready nailed it with the door animations, you’re a beast! Love your detail for modeling, just 100% accurate, no unfinished business.

olahaldor
    Participant

Thanks a billion guys. ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me happy to see you like it.

@Jonathan078NL
    , I spent the whole day trying to figure it out. Add another 8-10 hours.. Phew! But now I know a whole lot more!

I can’t make any promises about when, but I will be making a tutorial on how to animate later.

olahaldor
    Participant

There is a new version, with a minor fix. I moved the carriage with the pantograph in the raised position to the correct order.

Jozef
    Participant

Hello really nice mod.

I want to ask you what do you mean by learning new modeling techniques ? Creating only half model and than do aย  miror object ?

I have 3D models creation as a hobby too. Thinking about creating ICE3 train. Just I am busy right now with some other model for some completely other game.

Can I ask you something. Those textures are really nice. Can you give me some pro tip for UV mapping. For me UV mapping is really hell and pain ๐Ÿ™ย ย  I can create model within 12 hours but UV mapping is pain.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

olahaldor
    Participant

I modeled the train by making a spline cage first, and then I patched the cage together. That includes making only half of the shape first and mirror when you’re done. I did that to make sure I got the shape right, instead of fiddling with extruding edges and polygons and what not. Especially since I had a hard time finding good reference photos that was suitable for modeling.

Whether it was the best or the fastest way to model isn’t up to me to decide. But I’m very happy with the end result, which is all that matters.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by olahaldor.
    Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Quick question, are you planning to stick to Norwegian stock? Or can we tempt you into other countries too that may otherwise get ignored like *cough* Belgium, just to name one?

olahaldor
    Participant

I’m personally mostly interested in Norwegian stock for now ๐Ÿ™‚

If I could make mods to pay the bills, I would. ย I don’t see myself invest tens of hours per ย mod ย over and over again for a “cool mod! Could you make….?” ๐Ÿ™‚

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Ah, I see.
    Well, I couldn’t pay your bills with modding, but I wouldn’t mind paying you to make 2 Belgian rolling stocks I’d love to see in Train Fever. Especially at the quality you put out! Would you be interested in making them per commission?

It’s basically the AM/MR75 and AM/MR96 of the NMBS (Belgian Railway).

MR75
    http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/ms75,nmbs/Interesting

MR96

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/am96/Interesting

Regardless, thanks a bunch for your time, consideration and the amazing Norwegian stock. ๐Ÿ™‚

olahaldor
    Participant

Looks like a fun project to do. ๐Ÿ™‚

if the developers of the game would permit it, I’d be happy to make mods on request and make them available for sale. And they wouldn’t cost you an arm to purchase either.

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

I think that’s a bit of a grey area, material packs are usually things the devs make a lot of money on (see: Cities in Motion 2). They might want a slice of the pie on those. And I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard of someone asking payment for UI/Gameplay mods. That’d be a new thing.

If anything though, you could do some mods you normally wouldn’t on commission and then release the end result as freeware (after payment). Plus, asking people to pay for your mod [or at least every person interested] is going to detract anyone that might be interested in doing mods for free.
    Regardless, I’m glad you’re interested in my 2 trains! Feel free to mail me (not sure if the forums have a PM system) to iron out payment details and other stuff. That way, this thread won’t be needlessly sidetracked any further.
    My e-mail should be on my profile page.

Lastly: The price on the FLIRT is a bit steep though; 4,2 mio for it and 4 mio for the TFV? It’s a bit… steep, me thinks.

olahaldor
    Participant

The NSB Stadler Flirt have been updated to v1.6, and will now open the doors on the side which the platform is located.
    You can download from here

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by olahaldor.
    simonmd
    Participant

Nice one, this is one of my fav’ models for modern day TF!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.