Steam problem

Home Forums Support Steam problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    drazenkm
    Participant

squeeze play on steam and nothing happens, it will not start at all

inruntime
    Participant

Same issue here, clicking on Play in Steam on OSX throws an error “Failed to start game (missing executable)”.
    When I open the app directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common I see two folders there: “res” and “Preorder Special Content” and one file “LICENSE.txt”. There’s no .app or unix executable

Removing the appcache folder and restarting Steam did not help.
    Re-installing the game did not help.
    Verifying the game files passes with flying colors.

deanuk
    Participant

The game isn’t out for OSX yet.

mikael

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304730

Mac and Linux Release Timing
    Please note that the Mac and Linux release will be one week later on September 11, 2014.

drazenkm
    Participant

I do not use OSX!

deanuk
    Participant

The OSX comment was aimed at inruntime

drazenkm
    Participant

ok what is my problem why the game will not start and does not throw me any error

mattymcp
    Participant

The problem here is that your virus scanner(at least mine did) is detecting the Train Fever.exe as an infected file and deleting it. I would suggest disabling your virus scanner during the instal process. It will have to be a clean install from what I’ve experienced; i.e. deleting local files. Please let me know if it works!
    Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for anything that may go wrong with your machine during the process 😛

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by mattymcp.
    Tegry
    Participant

Same issue here, McAfee will detect TrainFever.exe as a Virus, you Need to disable realtimescan temporarily and install again.   Urban Games has to manage with Mcafee

inruntime
    Participant

Ah my bad. So the OSX version files are just a pre-load now.

drazenkm
    Participant

Today I installed a new copy of Win 7 64 bit, so that I did not have any antivirus protection installed on Windows until I installed Train fever and my Train Fever.exe is not delet from my PC.

When I press play games for a second run and turned off, and do not throw any error.

My other games that I have over steam work perfectly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.