Town Size

Home Forums General Discussion Town Size

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    doc0c
    Participant

JSchultz, regarding the goods/cargo using trucks instead of trains: the goods/cargo will always take the shortest trip to the destination. If your trucks are faster, the goods will travel by truck. This is the way it works in the real world. If you don’t want to use the trucks to transport goods, delete the truck line and only use trains for the goods route(s).

Azrael
    Participant

You’re just doing it wrong, I’m one of the 3% to hit 750 pop with a city, mine lies in the center, got supplied since about the end of the 1850 and started with about 250-300 people.
    I hit the 750 in the 1920’s and this city has my busiest train station in my actual game, 4 long range lines ending and starting there.
    By now, in the 1950’s, it has between 900 and 1000 people, I’m sure, that I’ll beat the 1500 till the 2000’s

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Azrael.
    connorboy2000
    Participant

Wow very impressed with the community spirit for this game! its very deserving as it is a brilliant at what it does, but yer back on point. I completely understand how it could well become very difficult for any machine to be able to process a large map size  with each city having over a 1000 full generated citizens in late game. I have come to the conclusion that city growth is pretty much already optimized to the best of anyones ability to allow the game to run of most peoples gaming machines in late game, anymore and it would become a laggy mess even when graphics are not loading in.

However as this limitations cannot be overcome easily , in my personal opinion i cant speak for anyone else, I would like for the goods requirement for towns/cities to increase as this would allow for much more flexibility for freight networks and would make the game more fun and challenging for me to try and deal with the logistical nightmare that might be trying to send a fleet of goods trucks through a crowded city with trains, trams and buses.

Thank you for all the responses!

Person012345
    Participant

Tip: Maxis were lying when they said computers couldn’t handle all the computing and that’s why a. they made cities tiny and b. they had to make it always-on. Check out some of Colossal Order’s games for evidence.

RickD
    Participant

I’d like to to know the inner working of how the game works in this respect.. ie. what does 1 unit of goods delivered to a town signify, is it directly related to x amount of growth or does it work differently. Also, when towns say the max number of goods required, and industries the max number of goods produce what is the time period for this. I’m guessing its 1 year but it doesn’t state that anywhere

Tattoo
    Participant

@ stubblychin – Thank you for explaining that. That’s what I read somewhere else and was starting to do that when I had problems.

I found out what I was doing wrong when the goods wouldn’t go onto a train. DOH! I used a passenger station instead of a cargo station. The trains went to the stations but the good wouldn’t go.

After I got that going, I still couldn’t get the far oilwell to produce. Is there a limit as to how far I can go for the raw material? Maybe it would start if I played it longer but I started a new one. I went Large-Flat-Hard-1900. I did a small map first to try the game.

I’d sure like to know what’s different with the difficulty settings. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Nique
    Participant

Haha, i plopped a passenger station too and wondered why the F no goods where produced 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.