track speed

Home Forums General Discussion track speed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robbedem
    Participant

Will there be a separate high-speed track? Or will the speed only be dependent on the curvature? Will the maximum speed be visible when building tracks? (i couldn’t find this in the gamplay video)Will a speed overlay/map view be added so one can quickly spot bottlenecks?

jordanees
    Participant

I would really like to see different tracks with different speedlimits. It defines wich tracks are old and makes the highspeedline possible.

urban

In the initial release, all tracks will have standard gauge. There will however be multiple track types (with different rail profiles, sleepers/ties etc.) that determine the maximum track speed and axleload. The availability of the types will change over time, e.g. high-speed tracks won’t be available in 1850.

When building tracks, the desired maximum speed can be set as a design parameter, so that the player can be warned if the curvature is too high. There will also be an appropriate data layer to reveal maximum speed and other track properties.

Robbedem
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, it certainly is good news. 🙂

Dolph
    Participant

Sorry to wake an old thread, but I think this question is fitting to the subject.

I’m wondering whether or not we will be able to set the banking of the track to change the maximum speed limit. If so will this be visually represented? If we can’t set the banking, will this be simulated in some other way?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.