Trains slow down for no reason

Home Forums Support Trains slow down for no reason

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ProXim
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue for seemingly certain points on the map: I build a railway line and trains slow down at a certain point even though the speed limit of the track does not give a reason for this.

For example I built a curvature with a limit of 270-280 kph but at a certain point the trains slow down to about 64 kph (sometimes 70-73).

I have rebuilt the section and also moved it to a new location also placed additional signals but it still happens. It is NOT because the train is waiting for a free path before the signal and also not because it’s approaching a station as it then accelerates again.

Any guesses?

Many thanks in advance.

ProXim
    Participant

I’ve just tried something: electric trains like the TFV and the Class 103.1 slow down but the Class 218 doesn’t.

I’m puzzled…

Mike
    Participant

Yepp I had exactly the same problem – TFV was for no reason slowing down to 180 kmh and then slowly get back to normal.
    In my case, I had 4 tracks lying together, 2 for local traffic and 2 for high speeds. And the slowing occured in 1 direction only! I’ve tried to rebuild the track, no change. Then I’ve completely rebuild the whole big section (1-2 km) of the high speed line, both tracks, and also separated them from the local lines tracks (about 1 track width distance), and it worked!

I also had the same situation later in another savegame, and the problem also resolved by rebuilding a 1-2 km section of BOTH tracks.

Hope this helps!

ProXim
    Participant

Thanks – yes, didn’t mention it but I also had 2 parallel tracks and this only happened in 1 direction, the other was fine.

I’ll try to rebuild a longer section then, looks like the faulty few hundred meters wasn’t enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.