Trick (exploit-ish)

Home Forums General Discussion Trick (exploit-ish)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trainjunkie
    Participant

Did you know you could make much more out of a cargo route if you force the cargo to be sent in two steps (first to a middle station and then to the destination using two lines), as long as the total trip stays under the 20 minutes limit?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Depends on the placement of the raw materials and the goods production…
    A = Raw B= Goods C=Town

If the route lines up like:  “A   – B   –  C”   then it’s good because u can make 2 lines that don’t overlap.

But if the route lines up like: “B  –  A  –  C”  it’s bad because they have to travel passed A to get to B,  then it’s much more profitable to make a 3 stop line.

trainjunkie
    Participant

Nono I mean between A-B, being any of the two lines (mine-factory or factory town), you do sth like this:

A    B
    |    /
    |   /
    V
    |
    |
    |

S

and create two lines, A-S and B-S, S being your own stop in the middle of nowhere. the goods will then be twice charged, from A to S and from S to B, plus charged more than a simple A-B if S is further away. See what I mean?

Edit: in my current game, I am making 1.2 mil instead of 300k out of a wood chain line using this trick.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by trainjunkie.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So the town where the goods need to go to is below S ?

And do you also have a line between S and Town or just let them flow?

Mordeth65
    Participant

Video!!   🙂   I think I get what you are saying, a video I seen last night eluded to this.

Yemo
    Participant

@Cowamundo: No, he said the goods need to go from A to B.

@trainjunkie
    : Well, at least with regards to exploits/poor game mechanics train fever seems to be nearly on par with ottd…

Cargo without destinations and payment based on actual travel distance instead of direct distance with accessibility modifier is a recipe for exploits. Although I can live with the payment problem by just using house rules.

trainjunkie
    Participant

http://postimg.org/image/uq35jax5f/

this is what I mean, the cargo transits through the station at the bottom of the image on both legs (forest-woodcutter and woodcutter-town)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by trainjunkie. Reason: typo
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.