Unable to start game….. FAQ'a checked

Home Forums Support Unable to start game….. FAQ'a checked

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Seadog
    Participant

Kia Ora,    my first foray into a Traingame and it hasn’t gone too well !

When I start to play from Steam the opening page comes up for about 10 seconds, hangs then closes.

I have re-installed a couple of times to try different things but the result is the same.   I switched off Microsoft Eseentials and I have checked the video card….. ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650…. and it is up to date, or so the machine tells me !

The Laptop is roughly 2-3 years old and I play World of Warcraft and FSX on it and it handles those games with ease.

Finally in desperation I installed your game on a PC and tried streaming to the Laptop but that failed.

I am fairly determined to get TrainFever to work on the laptop so all and any help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas,   Rick

gGeorg
    Participant

First start takes long. Do not touch anything, keyboard, mouse let it be. There is some serious preparation. if you touch it hungs up. Just wait about 5-10 minutes depend PC. Second start is immediate. If its longer than 15minutes, well then make a list DX diag post here a pray for patch.

Seadog
    Participant

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately that is not the problem.  The game hangs up after 5 to 10 seconds regardless of whether I touch anything or not.  I tried your suggestion several times.  There is no error message, it just closes.

Some more suggestions please?

gGeorg
    Participant

Try another drivers. Make sure that Intel video and Radeon do not fight. There is a switch in the BIOS. Switch off antivir, free memory as much as possible, switch off any “optimizers” enhancers or other bloatware from notebook manufacturer. If nothing helps, then try another machine. I hope you have few PC at home. Anyway you could post DX diag and pray for patch.

Seadog
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions gGeorg…..  While I do appreciate you taking the trouble to answer, I am beginning to get the feeling that this game is a bust.  I am a gamer not a techie and should not have to go to the lengths suggested to get a product to work that has been paid for.

I run my other Steam games on this Laptop and also World of Warcraft and FSX without any hitches and reading other posts around and and about; it sounds like this is a known problem with this game.   I have been in touch with Steam and run their suggestions and also the suggestions here.

If one of the game owners could kindly post that they are unable to help further I will return to Steam,  get a full refund and post a suitable review at Steam.    Sometimes these things just happen.

medopu
    Participant

what’s your CPU and RAM?

What is your operating system and what bit OS do you have? 64 or 32? (this is what developers always ask on troubleshoot so i guess it’s very important)

Also HD 5650 is ok for minimum requirements but i personally (that’s  really just only my opinion), wouldn’t touch serious computer games with that video card.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by medopu.
    Seadog
    Participant

Thank you medopu for your reply.  For the moment I would like to hear from a support moderator before I go and raise cain at Steam.  I’m guessing they are still on Xmas Holiday other wise I am sure someone would have addressed this problem which is still ongoing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.