What products do the cities take?

Home Forums General Discussion What products do the cities take?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RAAndre
    Participant

Just experimenting a bit and still having trouble making the cargo work.  Nothing is getting produced for me.

I have connected the industrial areas of my cities to some industries thinking that might do it for the supply end, but not much is happening.  I got planks and coke going to the cities.  Planks make sense, but I wasn’t sure coke was needed by the industries in the cities.

What products are used in the industrial areas of the cities?

Thanks for any feedback.

FX2K
    Participant

Raw materials go to the industry, so planks to a sawmill.
    Industries create products (only 1 type) which go to a city.

If in doubt, turn on the overlay (bottom right menu) and watch how the products move around by themselves, then add a truck / train route in place of this.

kolohelios
    Participant

There is easily some confusion here. Raw materials (oil, wood, ore, and coal) go to factory sites (outside of cities) which make goods. Goods are delivered to Industry lots in cities where they are turned into items that are purchased by consumers that live in Residential lots from Commercial lots. Goods are fungible – what goods go to which Industry lots in cities is unimportant.

Tossi
    Participant

It seems to me like RAAndre has some mod installed that introduces more cargo types.

RAAndre
    Participant

I didn’t install any cargo modes.  These industries just appeared during updates.  I assumed everyone has the same industries and products.

There are only six industries that ship goods.  They are called “Household Items” factories and they all require plastic, planks & steel to make any goods.

Isn’t everyone on the same page here?

uzurpator
    Participant

You do have a cargo mod of some sort. In the vanilla game there are oil, coal, iron ore and wood as base cargoes, and they are transformed into goods at refinery, steel mil and sawill, respectively. Cities accept goods at their industrial zones.

RAAndre
    Participant

That is what I used to have – the basic cargo types.  Then things changed after an update and I assumed everyone had the same things.

I did fool around with the mods a while ago but the game would not work, so I deleted them.

I think the complicated cargo product system I have should be under a more difficult setting and the basic stuff should be under the easy setting.  Now I am really confused.

I got to figure this out.

FX2K
    Participant

Ahh, the cargo mod wasn’t straight forward to get rid of, it looks like it still exists.
    However, removing it would make all your current save games unusable.

Try verifying your game cache in steam, you may even have to delete the folder and re-install train fever (I can’t remember properly) but I had trouble getting rid of it.

RAAndre
    Participant

YES – YES!!  It was a cargo mod that had me all messed up.  I have started anew today and I am actually enjoying TrainFever once again.  This is much more fun and sensible.  Thanks all 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.