Where are the high speed trains?

Home Forums General Discussion Where are the high speed trains?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fabian
    Participant

Passengers trains go 140 km/h max? There is a locomotive going 200 km/h but the passenger wagon is going 140 max. Only cargo trains can go 200?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by fabian.
    mineral
    Participant

There are passenger waggons doing 200 km/h, like the Einheitswagen IV (late game). Other than that theres only the high-speed trains like the tfv going up to 300 km/h

fabian
    Participant

Ah alright, didn’t see the 200 one yet. Thanks

CursedDarkus
    Participant

Cargo can go 200kph? That seems unrealistic, doesn’t it?
    I have never seen a cargo train go that fast to be honest.

Decrayer
    Participant

The game really needs more vehicles. But on the other hand side it forces you to make interesting choices. Should you really buy the locomotive that came go 200 if you don’t have any wagons that can go that fast? And you also need a big and long track, otherwise they will not reach and profit from the high speed.

jorgenRe
    Participant

What we really need are those Maglev trains which have been tested to run at 501 km per hour!! so yea those i do really want which is why i’m planning to maybe look into modeling the one from china 😉

ATM there are comercially running maglev trains so theres nothing unrealistic about adding them atleast by the devs, which i’m fairly certain will add them in a DLC

Decrayer
    Participant

Maglev trains are only useful when connecting big distances. That’s one of the reasons we don’t have them in europe. And in the game, my tgv doesn’t even reach the 300 in between two cities if I don’t build a special track with no intermediate stops from one corner of the map to the other.

jorgenRe
    Participant

@Decrayer Yea and when bus lines gets more efficient and people starts to actually use them more frequent those large distance trains will prove more useful.

Also if people could plan a route between several lines it could help alot too 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.