August 28, 2014 at 19:42 #3777
Hey there I was wondering if some Beta testers could post some changelog’s here, I searched but I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I’m curious about the changes the game is going through now, what’s changed/new vehicles etc.
I understood we’re allready on Beta ver. 4068, I’d liked to know what changed since ver. 4026 and future updates. Train fever is going through rapid changes now which is logical since he game is launching next week already. Thank you all.August 28, 2014 at 20:20 #3779
I am also very interested, thank you in advance.August 28, 2014 at 23:20 #3801sighParticipant
Great idea! I hope the beta testers do this, assuming they are allowed to do it.August 28, 2014 at 23:32 #3804BerryParticipant
They won’t do that since it’d be bad publicity to show the flaws of the game (beta) and besides that, I don’t really see the advantage of knowing what they did in the beta.August 28, 2014 at 23:42 #3805
Well Berry, the game is obviously not finished yet from the looks of it and the release is very near, so I do see the advantage of that and why be all hush-hush about it? That isn’t bad publicity it’s called tranparant and honest.
Every game got its flaws in beta, thats why it’s called a beta. And the other repliers in this thread also think it’s a good idea. So..August 29, 2014 at 00:05 #3807MoratParticipant
@Berry there are a few good reasons for putting this information out there. For example, many of the videos show that signals don’t change colour to red even when trains are stopped at them. It would be good to know if some of the issues like these have now been fixed.August 29, 2014 at 00:08 #3808AzraelParticipant
Berry, if this would be a valid reason for Urban Games, they would’ve never lifted NDA, since you can clearly see in videos, that for example there are still little performance flaws and signals not turning red when a train has to wait etc.
So since they lifted the NDA, they could post Patch Notes here.September 1, 2014 at 18:31 #4005
Can anybody list some significant changes of the latest Beta version 4136? Thanks in advance.September 2, 2014 at 09:53 #4041SpoorObjectenParticipant
Not sure if these changes should be made publicly, it’s a beta.
Build 4136 has a lot of changes and improvements.
I’m not going to share the full list as I don’t feel this should be made public, but do want to show this one:
– Added a new EMU train (2014) and a new truck (1896)September 2, 2014 at 11:18 #4047
How is it going with your modelling? Very curious, hoping there will be atleast some dutch trains for Train Fever.
About 2-3 weeks ago the first NS Bombardier TRAXX F140 MS2 loc was released for the dutch railways, we actually allready had these in the Netherlands, those were leased. Now NS ordered 19 of them in NS livery :D, I think this loc is allready in TF, maybe we can apply a re-texture and look like this: 😛September 2, 2014 at 17:42 #4111
Today should be released an other patch. Would be nice if someone can inform us outsiders about the content? (I hope for the final release a Mini-Map, performance improvements, waypoints and last but not least Rail-Crossover)September 2, 2014 at 18:40 #4122XtenderParticipant
currently Urban-Games using a “Game-Patch-Gun” in rapid fire mode 😉
Here are the release notes for build 4166:
- Fixed traffic jams in large towns
- Fixed a town developer crash
- Town growth is now dependent on cargo supply
- Added a bunch of achievements (more to come)
- Added sound volume settings
- Improved track builder snapping
- Improved look of popup windows
- Improved look of some buildings
- Added a new car and adapted sizes of existing cars
- Delete key now closes popups as well
- Removed debug console
- Less fog
- Finances can also be opened by clicking on balance
[b]There will be more updates later today and tomorrow.[/b]
Update: Earlier today this announcement was named build 4134. Since we had to do an immediate patch for build 4134, we are now on build 4136.
Build 4136 is live now. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the delayed released of this version.
Here are the release notes:
– Better camera navigation performance (fluent now except at first view)
– Better rendering performance (HDR much faster now)
– Less simulation freezes and more fluent game-play (however still not optimal for huge scenes)
– Added list of stations (GUI button bottom left)
– Added a new EMU train (2014) and a new truck (1896)
– Show error message box if OpenGL context creation fails
– Old and modern train station have the same size now and can be “upgraded” therefore
– Separate HUD icons for one-way-signals and freight stations
– Added vehicle icons in road vehicle and tram depot
– Added various vehicle description texts
– Added cargo supply info in building window
– Added how-to-increase-production hint in industry window details tab
– Improved leisure parks / buildings
– Slower industry downgrade
– Fixed a pathfinding bug which prevented people and cargo from using your lines (occurred when a station was built at the end of a street, without a street crossing close to it)
– Fixed lanes on freight train station
– Fixed a bug in the town window (cargo needs display was not correct!)
– Fixed a bug which caused persons to leave a vehicles at wrong line stops (after changing a line)
– Fixed a crash which occurred when loading certain save games
– Fixed two track builder crashes
– Fixed a pathfinding crash which occurred at random times
– Fixed a pathfinding crash which occurred after changing lines
– Fixed a town growth crash which occurred at random times
There will be more updates until release. Most important, there will be a next major update on Tuesday, 16:00 CET.
Unfortunately the return-to-main-menu crash is (accidentally) not yet fixed with this release.
Save games are compatible with this version.
Thanks for your participation!
–SnipSeptember 2, 2014 at 18:50 #4125
Nice thanks, some good improvements! Very interesting “Town growth is now dependent on cargo supply”, because some Lets Players are belief this was already the case 😀September 2, 2014 at 19:22 #4127MansenParticipant
It was supposed to be the case but wasn’t implemented at the time. 🙂September 2, 2014 at 21:19 #4132
Thank you Xtender for the changenotes!, keep them coming.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.