Tagged: Double Loco
August 30, 2014 at 13:47 #3876
I think that we all played transport tycoon and probably OpenTTD too. Since then I’m waiting for similar game and I think Train Fever is the one.
I have some questions about it
1. OpenTTD has a lot of different signals which you used to build some complex routes.. but still you were limited. How much complexity will be in routes building?
2. After game release, can we expect some free addons and patches with new features or some payable DLCs?
3. I know that focus is on trains, but can we expect air/water transport in future?
4. I realy like steam engines.. in OpenTTD steam era was over to soon. Is possible in Train Fever to define year lenght?
5. What happens after you reach last year ?
6. Game mods will be available with steam workshop?
Basicaly in general I’d like to know how much OpenTTD is in this game and hopefuly with a lot of improvements.August 30, 2014 at 14:39 #3877
1. as soon as crossing and double slip switches are included, you can build your tracks as complex as you wish. this is not dependent on signals, of which there is only one kind.
4. the game spans from 1850 til 2100. you can realistically use steam engines for about the first hundred years, which is a long time (if you don’t speed up time you will be playing 20-30 hours until you’ve reached the 1950s.)
5. nothing, you can continue playing.
6. probably.August 30, 2014 at 20:45 #3897
Thanyx for your reply… but…
1. I didn’t ment track layout complexity but train routes in general. For example .. in OpenTTD your trains can easly get stucked in multiple platform station, crossings ect… I want to know if you hava the ability to define some rules ect…
2. Yes what .. free or payable DLCs?
3. Has someone any better answer ? … are there any plans?
4. I know this …. wpuld be nice and not too hard to implement how much time is 1 year.August 30, 2014 at 21:04 #3898AzraelParticipant
1) Yet in Beta, there seem to be the singals, who build blocks, dunno how they’re called right now, the only ones, a classic variant from the steam era and a modern one with 2 aspects.
2) I think both, they’ll deliver such basic things like multiplayer, if they add multiplayer, for free and things like new trains, maps etc. as payable DLC.
3) It really is only a maybe, nothing definite planned.
4) 1 Ingame Day = 3 Reallife-Seconds (On normal gamespeed |> so, one Ingame year = 18 Minutes 15 Seconds RL-Time)
5) Dunno, I’m not a beta tester, trust stonelouse’s answer
6) Dunno, but I guess yes, since the devs create the game as modfriendly as possible, there are alrdy mods now in Closed Beta.August 30, 2014 at 21:25 #3899
if you lay your tracks properly, plan your lines thoughtfully and place signals in the correct locations, then your trains will not become stuck unless you run much more trains than your network can handle. basically you do not need any complicated rules for your trains to follow as long as you build your network properly. from the beta videos it appears that most people are already overwhelmed with the placement of simple signals, so i think there is no need to complicate things further.
what exactly do you mean by building complex routes/lines?August 31, 2014 at 15:22 #3924
well .. by complexity I mean mostly:
– Multiple trains using same route without getting stucked
– Set different platforms on a station for passenger / goods trains ..
– Add / remove wagons automaticly on station ..
– Going from point A to point B twice …
– Set waiting period …. wait until 100% full .. or wait until 80% full … or wait 2min then go… ect..
– Set priority to some trains .. for example a train waits to get fully loaded on some station .. but if some other train with priority comes along .. that waiting train should leave.
in short … I hope that I will be able to do a lot more than I could in Open TTDAugust 31, 2014 at 17:04 #3932
– Multiple trains using same route without getting stucked —> absolutely possible if you place tracks and signals correctly.
– Set different platforms on a station for passenger / goods trains —> passenger and goods trains will not use the same station. there are different stations for passenger and goods trains (they can drive through both kinds though.)
– Add / remove wagons automaticly on station —> not possible.
– Going from point A to point B twice —> trains can go back and fourth between any number of stations any number of times.
– Set waiting period …. wait until 100% full .. or wait until 80% full … or wait 2min then go… ect.. —> i’m not sure of how many options there are, but i guess not that many of them.
– Set priority to some trains .. for example a train waits to get fully loaded on some station .. but if some other train with priority comes along .. that waiting train should leave. —>that would not make much sense, because it would just be a compensation for bad planning.August 31, 2014 at 17:26 #3938MansenParticipant
At the moment it’s either “Full any good” “Full all goods” or “Pickup what is there now and move on immediately”August 31, 2014 at 18:00 #3940
Different stations for passengers? …. this is kind of dumb … I understand if you need to bild different platform on same station … but to build entire station only for goods? … can you at least stack stations together?
About ” Going from point A to point B twice” .. i was in a hurry and forgot to finish my entire question
I ment if it’s possible to set a rout from A to B twice and then go to C and then again 2x A to B … basicaly if it’s posible to use a train which has a route to occasionally do something else.
About “Add / remove wagons automaticly on station” … if this is not posssible is a big drawback compared to OpenTTD, because I got a lot of lines transporting one goods to one direction, then change wagons and transport something else back. This is a feature which should be implemented. Also I had a lot of trains going for example A – B – C – D => main route with oil was from A to D .. and between B and C I added some other wagons…. also i transported somethig else from D to A…
I understand that game is still in beta, but I’m affraid that will be only eye candy without deep gameplay… If won’t surpass gameplay of OpenTTD .. then… well .. it sucks 🙂August 31, 2014 at 18:29 #3941
1) having different stations is not dumb, because say coal is usually not being loaded adjacent to passengers waiting for their express train. you can place a small goods station directly next to a passenger station however and just imagine that they are two parts of the same station. especially with modded stations or the planned modular stations it will be possible to create large railyards that consist of different parts but look like one large station. it does not have any effect on gameplay whatsoever if it is technically considered one station or not.
2) you can create a line that goes A -B -A -B – C – B – A i presume.
3) if you mean that cars should be able to be dropped and shunted around between different trains, yes thats sad that it is not oncluded. but it would also mean a incredible amount of programming work to make such a thing possible and it would be far to complicated for the average player. i would love such a feature but i think it goes far out of the scope of the game.
if you expect the train to magically add wagons out of thin air at a station and for them to disappear again at another station, then i am very thankful that such a feature does not exist in train fever. if you wan to transport different goods with the same train, you can add different kinds of wagons to the same train and transport different goods in one go.August 31, 2014 at 21:08 #3949killkenny1Participant
I have a question – is it possible to have two locomotives on a train…set…whatever it’s called? One in front and one in the back, or both in the front. Think it would be awesome.August 31, 2014 at 21:36 #3951bafouuParticipant
Yes it is possible. It was in one video, I don’t remember which oneAugust 31, 2014 at 21:52 #3952killkenny1Participant
Nice!September 1, 2014 at 20:29 #4011
Is anywhere any documentation of all features which will be implented on release this friday ?September 1, 2014 at 21:25 #4015Jonathan078NLParticipant
This is the vid (more then 2 hours!) made by JM764, he shows a double steam loco on a long oil train. It was just for testing, nothing serious 😛 I think somewhere around 0.45 min.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.