Could we keep the 4 lanes one size?

Home Forums General Discussion Could we keep the 4 lanes one size?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tattoo
    Participant

Oh, ok. Cool. Again, I’m glad you find it useful. I use it myself because I hate how they build different sizes. That’s stupid I think.

Tarc
    Participant

“Regarding your first point it’s because it’s realistic”
    Maybe on the “middle of nowhere” areas; but this issue happens inside cities where you intend to havebuildings (hence the sidewalks).

In the “middle of nowhere” country roads are built, not ones with pavement.

Therefore I don’t think it should have two sizes. But if there must be, then at least it should be the smaller size inside city limits and the bigger size outside of city limits.
    But then how does the game determine the limits.. Like the devs fell in their own trap

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

Sorry when I said ‘middle of nowhere’ I meant an area unconfined by buildings. That could be in the middle of a large city where an area is being regenerated. I still think it’s realistic and frustrating in real life when a wide road narrows, usually causes traffic. It all depends on what was built first the wide road or the buildings to a large degree. But anyway as I said that’s largely academic, for the game I agree there should be an option to put down any road you want – I just don’t find the 2 sizes annoying at all.

Kiwi-NZ
    Participant

Collision warning from 2nd picture is coming up because of the Vehicle_Depot.

crossmr
    Participant

Collision warning from 2nd picture is coming up because of the Vehicle_Depot.

Except it wasn’t just that piece. The piece on the right (the other side of the intersection) also couldn’t be upgraded, and the medium road going north in the picture also couldn’t be upgraded. Everything around that intersection (which the depot wasn’t even connected to) couldn’t be upgraded.

crossmr
    Participant

This is why I made these.

No Small Roads & Thinner Large Roads

This is why I generally stay away from modding. Look fine at the beginning. Everything seemed like a great fix. All that I did was change the width on large and medium roads, but now, I noticed that all my modern bus stations will not allow buses to path to them. The old ones work fine, but when I played a modern new style one, none of the buses can path to it. Any ideas?

These stations aren’t modded, and I didn’t use the “non small roads” only made the large roads and medium roads thinner.This also happens when they are attached to small streets. So large streets, small street, medium streets, all don’t work. I think it has to do with the little node it creates when it attaches to a road I notice the tram tracks don’t line up with the ones in the station.

edit: as I expected, when a station is created it uses the “medium road” settings to create the entry node, if it’s made smaller, it won’t match the station. No idea how to edit the station to change what it uses.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by crossmr.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by crossmr.
    crossmr
    Participant

well this has been a disaster, since messing with the streets, frequent crashing. Even one crash popped up a window about “street mismatch” or something like that

Not worth the trouble for thin roads.

Tattoo
    Participant

Sorry, I just noticed this. What do you mean by you changed the large AND medium roads? Did you edit the medium roads yourself? I never changed any of the medium roads so it didn’t come from me. If your medium roads are changed, it came from someone else’s mod.

Yes, the stations use the medium roads except for the rail stations. They use the small roads. That’s why I had to change them in the No Small Roads mod to use the medium roads because the people couldn’t get to the train stations. I have someone testing this but he hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I’ll have to ask him whats up. I’ll let ya know if he found any errors while using it.

Tattoo
    Participant

OK, I just installed my Thinner Large roads and opened a saved game. I see the problem. If there are large roads built already, they will be messed up. I’ll have to add that the mod is not compatible with saved games. I’ve used this with other games and never had a problem but they were newly generated games so I didn’t realize what would happen with saved games. Sorry, my bad.

Still, this has nothing to do with the medium roads because I never changed them.

crossmr
    Participant

There were two issues

1. If you change medium roads (which I did) it causes an issue for stations. Medium roads are also a different size, I wanted to change them to match, but that’s a bad idea, I changed them back.

2. Sometime later, after playing quite awhile I suddenly got a street mismatch and several crashes. I gave up on that game and started a fresh one.

Tattoo
    Participant

Thanks for replying. Yes, all of the roads stations use the medium roads so they can not be changed without problem. And all of the rail stations use the small roads, that’s why I had to change them for my No Small Roads mod.

I just asked the guy testing it and he said he it worked fine and no bugs. He didn’t say what year he went to or anything else so I don’t know. Atleast he didn’t have a problems with it.

I think I just found a problem that might be causing other problems. The sidewalk height on the country roads are different and I think it might be causing problems. I’m gonna post this info in a bit and maybe they can take a look into it.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.