Dutch Trains

Home Forums Modding Dutch Trains

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Hi all,

Wanted to show this picture 🙂

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Netjes!

Ben je ze van plan in een pack te releasen of een per een? Hoe dan ook, ze zien er uit alsof we er uren pret mee gaan hebben. Enige ideetjes mbt [mogelijke] andere treinen die je ook wil doen?

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Thanks, I will definitely build more trains 🙂

Not sure which train I will make next, maybe the SLT maybe the ICM 😉

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

I’d reckon the ICM “Koploper” to be the more iconic of the two. Plus, the amazing Stadler Flirt that just was made already gives us an ultramodern looking EMU for now. I’d also love to see a Thalys/TGV repaint for the PBK [TFV in game] and the Benelux-train of before with the HLe11, but that’s just me.

On a personal note, could I ask you if you might consider the NMBS MS75? I’m afraid I’m no good at modding, but I’d love to see that specific EMU in the game. I spent a lot of time in it irl as a kid, so. I’d happily PayPal you for your time and the effort!

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Maybe in the future Banter!

It costs me around 25 hours to actually create a train.
    The reason for making dutch trains is that I actually already have the models (which i use for 3d printing), now it only takes me 3 to 5 hours to get it up and running ingame (+ adding textures).

So when I have the time, I might consider the MS75 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by SpoorObjecten.
    Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Aha, I totally agree on getting the models you already have into the game; it’d be a pity to leave stuff unused, especially if it’s ready to go. I’m honoured you’re at least considering the MS75. I’ll make sure to lurk the forums in case you ever bear down on it, I’d love to encourage you when you get a start on it! And of course, as mentioned earlier, I’d be willing to PayPal you something for the effort.

Maybe I’ll try modding again once you get cracking on it and do the MS86 to keep it company. 🙂

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Nice trains!

Eimai
    Participant

Just a little note about the Belgian trains, the official names for them in Dutch are MR75 and MR86 (MR for “motorrijtuig”), and not MS75/86 (source: I’m a train driver on these trains 🙂 ) (*). French names are AM75 and AM86 for automotrice. So not sure if you’d want to pick the Dutch or French name in the game…

But yeah, I’d love to see those in the game of course 🙂 Maybe you could even add the original grey/orange colour scheme of the MR75…

(*) although, to be accurate, it used to be MS75, but that wasn’t the original name either, it was MS800, and MS08 before that (not to be confused with the new MR08, which are the Desiro trains that are sometimes wrongly named MS08 like on Wikipedia)…

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll make sure to use the correct names then from now on. I looked up the grey and orange, it doesn’t look that nice [to me]. My memories only go as far as the bordeaux scheme with yellow accents, so I’d love that scheme much more.

Are the MR75’s still getting modernised, by the way?

Reblet
    Participant

Nice work SpoorObjecten! Love to see some Dutch trains in the game. 🙂

Regards,

Reblet

Eimai
    Participant

Are the MR75â€ēs still getting modernised, by the way?

Well, they’re still working on it apparently, but most of us would be surprised if we ever see more than one finished. These trains are really in bad shape and the modernization comes a bit too late now. I still think they will at one point abandon the whole project, but right now they seem to continue since several people are working on it. Also, should they abandon it, there’s this problem with trains running to Roosendaal in the Netherlands, where the MR75 is really the only one that can be used for that. A single MR86 could also be used, but that would not really be sufficient at busy hours. So something is needed to replace them first…

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

Quick question, are you planning to feature animated doors? I can imagine a 3D model not needing one, so I’m wondering if you’re going the extra mile.. It’d be a bit jarring otherwise though!

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Nope, I’m not going for animated doors, sorry 🙁

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

All it needs is a pantograph and I’m happy 🙂 ohh and a coupler

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.