Entire town now part of the Main Connection – help?

Home Forums Support Entire town now part of the Main Connection – help?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pasi
    Participant

Forgot this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374295531 Building the bridge caused that right most curved road to appear.

simonmd
    Participant

Thisย is NOT my idea but someone elses here and as one of the UG team seems to be actually be reading this thread, i’ll repost it. The idea is simple, just keep the main connection thing BUT allow roads to be bulldozed/altered while paused and not allow the game to be un paused until the connection is restored.

Usually, I dare say 80% of the time (based on my own play time), ‘main connection roads are not bulldozed because the player wants to ‘cheat’, its because the damn game wont let us do something like build a line over it at a certain angle. I think most of us understand the reasoning behind the feature, they want the game to run as intended and force the player to actually build efficient lines that the goods and people WANT to use, not ones that they HAVE to use if the road is torn up. This is indeed much more realistic and the logic behind it can’t be faulted. However, it’s the way that it has been implemented that’s the problem, all Urban Games need to do is make it so we still can’t ‘cheat’ as they call it (although how you can cheat in a single player sandbox game is beyond me but I digress……) but allow us to make alterations to existing infrastructure to allow for the new line / station / whatever, just as also would happen in real life.

Having said all that, right now I don’t really care what they do with the main connection feature. If they left it as it was, it wouldn’t bother me as I’ve not played the game for a fortnight now, having given up trying to get the damn thing to run properly. To me, the ONLY thing that needs fixing is the performance issue, everything else as far as I can see can be modded or worked around but there is no point being able to bulldoze a road if it takes me 10 mins to scroll over to that part of the map in the first place because it keeps locking up!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by simonmd.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I fully agree that the game needs to be fixed, but they are a small team. I love what you do, but listen to the community.

Give us: Traffic lights! Avenues! One-way roads! How about boats and airplane? What is your goal actually? To make the game as Transport Tycoon Deluxe or?

Continue the great work.

Michal

Varana
    Participant

I agree with simonmd that some indication that a road is considered a vital connection for some city or industry would be a nice thing to have. It’s not always completely clear from just looking at things. Also, building street crossings can be really frustrating and needlessly (from a user POV, no idea about the maths behind it) complicated. If I am tempted to remove main connections between cities, it’s usually for that reason: It’s a pain in the a** to build around existing streets. I don’t want to cut off a city, it’s just that the game’s idea of how streets and rails work is often very different from mine. ๐Ÿ˜€
    The idea to remove main connections only in pause mode is actually a really good one.

Together, maybe, with a switch to turn it off completely, but as long as that can be provided with mods (or done manually in some config file), I’m fine. It’s a single player game; what I do with it is my business alone. If I have to edit some file or open a debug console to type in player->additem “gold_001” 100000 ๐Ÿ˜‰, the game has done its job of telling me that I’m playing the game in a way that was not intended. It shouldn’t prevent it, it should just inform me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Varana.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.